• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

annual flight physical question

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know you generally get a flight physical every year during your birth month, but is that always the case? I ask because I had my NAMI physical last month, but my birthday is next week. Do I need to get another one done during December even though I just had one? Furthermore, I'm currently in IFS so if I do need to get one done, do I need to talk to the IFS office or flight management?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know you generally get a flight physical every year during your birth month, but is that always the case? I ask because I had my NAMI physical last month, but my birthday is next week. Do I need to get another one done during December even though I just had one? Furthermore, I'm currently in IFS so if I do need to get one done, do I need to talk to the IFS office or flight management?

You can get a flight physical one month prior to or during your birth month. So if you had one in November and your birthday is Dec 31st or earlier, you're good.

No idea about the IFS question.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmm, I had the NAMI mid October, so guess I'm going to have to do this again. Yay.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As long as you are not on a birthday divisible by 5 (e.g.: 25, 30, 35, etc.), you'll just do a SHORT Form FLT Physical, which is nowhere anywhere near the NAMI physical or LONG Form. Call NOW for a PHYS. If you have a FLT DOC, get with him/her to get you in ASAP. I called in MID Sep for a Physical in MID OCT.

-ea6bflyr ;)

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
CommodoreMid,

I had my NAMI physical in June and my birthday is in July. Check your upchit's expiration date. I did not have to go back in July because it was good for a year + one month. Usually they are pretty good about noticing when your birthday is and when you need your upchit and will work with you so that you will not need a new one. The timing of your birthday is probably why they waited to get you into NAMI the first time around... I hope this helps!

Red

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah thanks for the tip. I just checked the chit and it doesn't expire until 31DEC09 so I'm good to go for another year.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
This next one of mine (early Feb) will be my 3rd in 18 months, the most recent one having been long form :eek:

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Someday, the only reason you'll be so concerned with whether your flt phys is current, will be so that you don't lose flt pay.

Whatever you do, don't be in a hurry to get to that point.:(

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
As long as you are not on a birthday divisible by 5 (e.g.: 25, 30, 35, etc.), you'll just do a SHORT Form FLT Physical, which is nowhere anywhere near the NAMI physical or LONG Form. Call NOW for a PHYS.

-ea6bflyr ;)

By this do you mean that if the day of the month is divisible by 5? Because if so I would like to meet the person that somehow pulled of a birthday on the 35th of the month.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
By this do you mean that if the day of the month is divisible by 5? Because if so I would like to meet the person that somehow pulled of a birthday on the 35th of the month.

No, they are talking about your age. When your age is divisible by 5 you do a long form.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

HD is correct, but going by your reasoning this would mean, without getting into higher level statisitical theory, that only around 20% of people would ever get long forms, and others would never have one in their life/career. I like this idea as my bday is on the 3rd :p

badger16

None
hd is correct, but going by your reasoning this would mean, without getting into higher level statisitical theory, that only around 20% of people would ever get long forms, and others would never have one in their life/career. I like this idea as my bday is on the 3rd :p

Nerd!!!!!;):D

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm fairly certain that you only get one anthro.

Yes, you are only required to get one initial ANTHRO, BUT if a flight surgeon deems you unfit, they can always conduct a re-measure. Just ask MASTERBATES. It happened to him, followed by a long time in LIMBO.

-ea6bflyr ;)