• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air National Guard Commisioning

Jk0020

Hey everybody,I have an interview coming up for an RPA position with the Guard and having a tough time getting a few questions answered. If anybody could shed some light that would be awesome! I was curious if in between my various pilot and training schools if I would be on orders in between and be at the base on a daily basis temporarily or do I get to go back to my regular job until the next school starts whatever that duration might be? I'm willing to make the commitment either way I would just like to be able to plan that's all.

Thanks

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hey everybody,I have an interview coming up for an RPA position with the Guard and having a tough time getting a few questions answered. If anybody could shed some light that would be awesome! I was curious if in between my various pilot and training schools if I would be on orders in between and be at the base on a daily basis temporarily or do I get to go back to my regular job until the next school starts whatever that duration might be? I'm willing to make the commitment either way I would just like to be able to plan that's all.

Thanks

That is a perfect question to ask in the interview!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Because it is a Guard position, it depends on a number of factors. "Normally," if there is a break of an 30 days between courses you will come off orders and return to M-Day status. But, "normally" has a lot of possibilities. @Swanee is on target, ask at your interview.

HuggyU2

None
I have a close relative that just was commissioned by the ANG. OCS/AMS, Pueblo, CSO training, Land Survival/SERE, and FTU took about 26 months. The break between AMS and Pueblo was about 8-10 weeks. Other than that, there were no breaks.

Good luck. Many units seem to do a poor job of handing new officers off the street.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a close relative that just was commissioned by the ANG. OCS/AMS, Pueblo, CSO training, Land Survival/SERE, and FTU took about 26 months. The break between AMS and Pueblo was about 8-10 weeks.

Pueblo?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Initial Flight Training. Popping around in a DA-20 to see if you have the little "r" right stuff. I didn't realize that RPA guys went there but I guess they do.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Initial Flight Training. Popping around in a DA-20 to see if you have the little "r" right stuff. I didn't realize that RPA guys went there but I guess they do.

Huggy's relative isn't going to fly RPA's....yet.

I have a close relative that just was commissioned by the ANG. OCS/AMS, Pueblo, CSO training, Land Survival/SERE, and FTU took about 26 months...