• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waiver

Ok, I have tried to find information on this but haven't seen it so if this is a repost, I apologize. I spent 8 years in the Army National Guard as a medic. This included a 1 year deployment to Afghanistan and 6 months active duty for training. I am 26 years, fast approaching 27. Should my service apply towards an age waiver? Thank you.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Ok, I have tried to find information on this but haven't seen it so if this is a repost, I apologize. I spent 8 years in the Army National Guard as a medic. This included a 1 year deployment to Afghanistan and 6 months active duty for training. I am 26 years, fast approaching 27. Should my service apply towards an age waiver? Thank you.

It's year-for-year (active duty) up to 29 years old.

I posted this a while back and really appreciated the response. I have now completed all my requirements for my application and should be in the January board. Here is my new question. I am 27 but do not have an age waiver yet. My recruiter is convinced I do not need one and won't apply for one. Is she correct? More importantly, if not, is there someone who QA's applications after submission that will catch that I need an age waiver? I don't want to make it to the board and get a Prorec-no because I didn't get a waiver. Thanks for the help.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I posted this a while back and really appreciated the response. I have now completed all my requirements for my application and should be in the January board. Here is my new question. I am 27 but do not have an age waiver yet. My recruiter is convinced I do not need one and won't apply for one. Is she correct? More importantly, if not, is there someone who QA's applications after submission that will catch that I need an age waiver? I don't want to make it to the board and get a Prorec-no because I didn't get a waiver. Thanks for the help.

What program are you applying for?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes, you will need an age waiver in order to apply. It's a fairly simple process but nonetheless needs to be done in order for your application to make it to board.