• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

5 dec 2010

Planeform

pilot
Hey guys...I am finally slated for OCS on 12-5-10, FS letter in routing...just a post to begin communicating w/ my future classmates.

I am looking forward to meeting you guys and going through 12 weeks of fun together.

I'm an SNA-select from the April 2010 boards; had to wait a while due to my PRK 6 month wait time. Good luck to all w/ getting FS letters!

-Gavin

BUmatt

Looks like I'm in this class too. Just got the FS letter two days ago and was sworn in yesterday. Got picked up back in January with an original OCS date of March 28. I got rolled for six months due to Appendicitis/removal of Appendix. All better now and ready to get this show on the road.

Baylor
Texas, M
SNFO

Planeform

pilot
Sweet deal man! Glad to hear you're getting another shot. This thread used to have a few more posts with more people....but somehow a lot of the info was lost? We have a facebook group formed for this class. shoot me a friend request on facebook and ill invite you... facebook.com/gkurey

I swore in today myself! Congrats again!!

hrvatski

I also received my FS for 12/5, and was sworn in last week. Word is that we're all going to be experts in shoveling snow after twelve weeks... should be good times oh yeah. Congrats on swearing in and looking forward to meeting you all.

Carsten
Seattle, 24, M
Intel

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Hey guys,

There's a big chance that I'll be going in on Dec 5th but still not for sure.

I would appreciate if you could answer some questions that I have:
- What exactly comes after receiving a tentative class date? I am waiting for that and will be receiving it within the next week.
- What is the "final select" and where does it come in? Do you receive this after the tentative class date? If so, how long does it take to get it?
- When do you swear-in?

I am asking all of these questions basically to have a time frame. I'm here in LA waiting and it's getting REALLY boring...

Your answers would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

joebayo

hrvatski

joebayo,

You will receive your final select letter from your officer recruiter. Mine was sent as a .pdf attachment to an email. This letter will inform you of your OCS class date. With your final select letter in hand, you can schedule your swearing-in ceremony with your recruiter.

I received my letter about one month after I was pro-rec'd; my sense is that this was on the quick side.

I hope this helps. Good luck with everything and hope to see you in Newport come December.

Carsten

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Carsten,

Thanks for your reply and for the info you have provided.

Is the final select different to the "tentative class date" which people mention frequently on the site? Or is it basically the same thing?

Thanks again!

joebayo

ksu_af2navy

I'll be heading out with you guys/gals for the Dec 5th class. Anybody feel free to hit me up on facebook. Gavin, just got your friend request so you'll have to send me that link. Look foward to meeting you all in a few short months.

Michael Flanigan
SNA
Kansas State University

ksu_af2navy

And quick question, does anyone plan on driving to New Port, or Flying? I live in Kansas and I am trying to figure out if its a bad decision to drive all that way.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
And quick question, does anyone plan on driving to New Port, or Flying? I live in Kansas and I am trying to figure out if its a bad decision to drive all that way.

This has been discussed a bit on the facebook page, but regardless, I myself plan on driving from Chicago, and there is at least one other person planning on driving all the way from CA.

hrvatski

joebayo,

The only OCS class date with any official meaning is the one printed on your final select letter. Any "tentative" date is just speculation, often based upon where other selectees from your community and your month's pro-boards have ended up. For example: my recruiter told me that I could expect to be put into the 11/14 class, but my final select letter informed me that I would in fact be in the 12/5 class.

Hurry-up-and-wait! Welcome to the military, or so I hear. Again, good luck.

Carsten

Wick

LAMPs Enthusiast
Got my FS last week and swore in on Tuesday. Will be driving up from Kentucky a few days after Thanksgiving, may stop in WV or MD on the way. Looking forward to the snow shoveling.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
joebayo,

The only OCS class date with any official meaning is the one printed on your final select letter. Any "tentative" date is just speculation, often based upon where other selectees from your community and your month's pro-boards have ended up. For example: my recruiter told me that I could expect to be put into the 11/14 class, but my final select letter informed me that I would in fact be in the 12/5 class.

Hurry-up-and-wait! Welcome to the military, or so I hear. Again, good luck.

Carsten

Hey Carsten,

Thanks again for the info. Now I'm pretty sure my OR was referring to the FS letter. Hopefully it's in no later than the end of this week!

Hurry-up-and-wait... you're sure right about that... My pro rec was on June 28th for the June boards and I am still waiting for my FS. There were some hurdles I had to deal with but even though that's all done, I've still had to wait for a long time!

Thanks again!

joebayo

T

Triangles

Gavin,

What were your stat's for selection?

Thanks a million,
Triangles