• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 January 13 Class

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
Just getting something started for those heading out with this class.

Anyone else coming from Saint Louis.

KGA

Final Select SNA OCS Jan 2013
Hey everyone, so this is the final date I ended up with and thought I would post in the thread! (I hope this doesn't jinx my date)
21/Male/non-prior/SNA/Texas A&M University I cant wait to meet you all and as more people post to the class thread.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Hey everyone, so this is the final date I ended up with and thought I would post in the thread! (I hope this doesn't jinx my date)
21/Male/non-prior/SNA/Texas A&M University I cant wait to meet you all and as more people post to the class thread.

You're only 21?!

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I'll turn 22 while at OCS but yea ha early starter I guess

I know about BDCP or people that get straight in, but for some reason my mental image of OCS is salty prior enlisted guys and people who are at least like 24. I've taught college, so its weird to think that there will be people with me the same age as my students.

I'll turn 22 while at OCS but yea ha early starter I guess

I'm flying up there as well
Once it gets closer we need to figure out when our flights get in and split a cab, I went up for my fraternity brother's graduation and it was about a 40min drive from Providence so I'm sure it'll be pretty expensive.

KGA

Final Select SNA OCS Jan 2013
I know about BDCP or people that get straight in, but for some reason my mental image of OCS is salty prior enlisted guys and people who are at least like 24. I've taught college, so its weird to think that there will be people with me the same age as my students.
Yea I have the same image for OCS so I was prepared to be the young guy in the class haha
Once it gets closer we need to figure out when our flights get in and split a cab, I went up for my fraternity brother's graduation and it was about a 40min drive from Providence so I'm sure it'll be pretty expensive.
once I get my flight info from my recruiter we can figure it out

Silhouette

There's a shuttle service that runs every two hours (I believe between 0600 and maybe 2200? with one midnight run by reservation) for $20/person. Can't recall the name of the company right now, but they have a little booth right in the terminal. Cabs are like $65 from PVD, so unless you can squeeze 4 guys in a cab with luggage, the shuttle is probably your best bet. The only catch is that I don't believe they have base clearance, so they'll drop you at the gate. About a 1.5 mile walk to the Navy Lodge from the gate if that's where you're planning on staying on base. Oh, and make sure you keep your receipts, no matter how you end up getting to Newport. :)