• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25 August 2013

jakesnake1220

Signed my contract yesterday! NFO/prior Navy enlisted/28/ Texas

Cool! I'll probably be switched to NFO because of my eyes...I dont know why they wanted to have me sign as aviator but my OR told me they called Millington and they said they wanted me contracted as NA.

Also has anyone started a facebook group?

Jmosy

Just requested to join the group, I know for sure I'll be the youngest at OCS. I turn 22 not even 2 weeks before. At least I'm not there for my birthday though.

JCF86

Hey guys, congrats on making it into the program. If you don't mind, I have a few questions: When did you start your application for OCS? I started getting mine together back in May and I'm not sure if it is just me and my impatience, but I feel like my recruiter keeps giving me a the run around with dates and what not, and well as trying to convince me to enlist prior to applying to OCS. I'm 26 years old, a college graduate with great standing and have been working the last 5 years since my graduation. I obviously would like to go ASAP. What was your process like?

Thanks!

jjryan07

Iron Eagle
I started my Navy OCS packet in Jun of 2012, but I had been talking to the Marines since April of that year. I required a lot of medical special attention, so my results are not typical, but what I have learned is that throughout your military career patience will be a virtue that will save you some grief. That being said I was definitely pushing my recruiting office and myself to check as many boxes as quickly as possible. What are you applying for? In my opinion, do not let your recruiter push you towards enlisting, as you are already getting up there in years and some programs may close on you, regardless of prior service. NavyOffRec is a great resource on this forum about the recruiting process and he can answer more questions than I can. Have you put an application in yet?

JCF86

I'm applying for SWO and PAO is my longshot. I haven't put my application in yet, although I've completed my work and resident history for. I'm in the process of getting together my LORs and studying for the OAR. I'm hoping to take it sometime in August. I've heard from many to not let them push me along the enlisted route. I want to be in the Navy pretty terribly, but at this point in time, I don't think enlisting would be a good idea either. I glad to hear you had to push your recruiting officer along a bit. I don't want to come off as pestering but I'd like to get in there before I start sprouting gray hairs!

jakesnake1220

Hey guys, congrats on making it into the program. If you don't mind, I have a few questions: When did you start your application for OCS? I started getting mine together back in May and I'm not sure if it is just me and my impatience, but I feel like my recruiter keeps giving me a the run around with dates and what not, and well as trying to convince me to enlist prior to applying to OCS. I'm 26 years old, a college graduate with great standing and have been working the last 5 years since my graduation. I obviously would like to go ASAP. What was your process like?

Thanks!

I agree with jjryan07. I started mine in march of this year and had it submitted by April. Since you won't be finishing up your packet until August you will probably not be going in until next year. Don't let them push you into enlisting since that is not what you want. Just be patient and explain to them that you want to go to OCS and make them work with you, it is their job.

As for my experience it was very fast because I started talking to them at the end of February and the cut off date for July boards was May or June. They never even brought up enlisting. It was more like, "This is all the stuff we need to turn in, do you think you can get all of that in a month?" I took two weeks to study and when I went to take the test I brought all of my required paperwork with me minus a couple LORs i was waiting on. Did my background check that day and then played the waiting game for about a month.

JCF86

Thanks. Yeah, my cutoff date seemed to change every single time I spoke to my recruiter, so that's why I was a little confused. On one hand he would tell me that the whole thing could move very fast, and then on the other hand, he would say there is no rush. I appreciate the advice/help.