• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 oct 2011

R

russellf54

moved from AUG to OCT by big Navy...

Russell....23....SNA....New Orleans, La.

Graduated from Xavier U of La May 2011. Major-Biology. Minor-Chemistry.

poobear24

26... NFO... Master's in Aeronautical Science GPA 3.9... Bachelor in Business Mgmt... GPA 3.5.... Warner Robins, GA

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
26... NFO... Master's in Aeronautical Science GPA 3.9... Bachelor in Business Mgmt... GPA 3.5.... Warner Robins, GA

Poobear, is your MAS from Embry-Riddle?
BzB, MAS ERAU '89, Phoenix Sky Harbor Campus

poobear24

Yes! It's always good to hear from fellow Alumn! Never got a chance to visit the Phoenix Campus, but I heard it's very nice. I attended through the Worldwide Campus at Robins AFB.

poobear24

Any word on this class being canceled? A couple of guys from the facebook page had their dates switched and heard 23rd Oct. is no more. I emailed my recruiter about a month ago about this, but he said he'd let me know of any changes. Anyone else know?

ker986

FS IW
I would check with your recruiter again. I was originally scheduled for Nov 13th, but got word at the beginning of August that the Nov 13th date had been canceled and that I was moved to Oct 30th along with most of the members of the Nov 13th facebook group (the others were moved to Nov 27th). It would make sense then that the Oct 23rd class would be cancelled as well since there is normally a three week gap between classes.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
So why is there a funky skip or gap between these dates after September? By my count there should be classes on 09 Oct, 30 Oct, and 20 Nov...now we're hearing of classes on differing Oct and Nov dates. Does this have to do with Labor Day Holiday or something else skewing the class starts, or are they aligning classes around Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Holidays (i.e. bumping a class early so they'll end Week 8 prior to leaving for Christmas and coming back as Candi-Os instead of having to return for a week of RLP and hell catching back up where you left of to make it to Candi-O, etc)

I'm getting to be time-sensitive on my OCS commissioning dates, and by the present count I have only four class dates to make it into in order to commission before my 27th birthday, but if they're bumping up the classes it may be that I'll have five dates to try to squeeze into. I dunno...more stress to push me harder to get into one sooner.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Upcoming classes are

28 Aug (03-12)
18 Sep (04-12)
09 Oct (05-12)
30 Oct (06-12)
27 Nov (07-12)

The only gap is between 30 Oct and 27 Nov. I couldn't tell you for sure why they went with 27 Nov, but it's probably got to do with exodus and candi-o phases.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
That's the list I've been seeing, but also have seen 20 Nov listed too...I assume the 27th date is to put the start after the Thanksgiving holiday? I know that they give a break for Christmas (from the preceding Friday to the Sunday following New Years Day) but not for Thanksgiving, so this way they avoid that confusion?

And since I brought up the question on Christmas, both it and New Years Day are on Sunday so does that mean that classes will miss a full TWO weeks (from Friday, December 23 until Sunday, January 8) or come back on the Monday (January 2)???

poobear24

After waiting for word from my recruiter about the class change, I finally just called him and told him of the class cancellation rumor. And what do you know, he checked it and saw I was changed to Oct. 9. He said my FS still had the 23 Oct. date on it, but the computer said Oct. 9 on it. I guess it wasn't updated yet. If you still haven't heard from your recruiter, call them!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Some people in my class were told they wouldn't be receiving new FS letters, which is probably where the confusion lies. I haven't received a new one either.

So it sounds like anyone who still has an old date should be encouraged to contact their recruiter for a new date!

ben.hayashi

Anyone else still listed for 23OCT2011? I contacted my recruiter last Thursday and he said I was still listed in their official system (NYC district) for 23OCT2011...which from reading this forum and the facebook group is really starting to worry me.

R

russellf54

contact your recruiter. I was called yesterday and told that I've been moved to 09 OCT 2011. Goodluck to you all