• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JUN 2013

WEGL12

VT-28
Finally heard from my recruiter today with my OCS date. I have been in BDCP for over 2 years and have been waiting to find out my start date. It’s a long ways away but I'm still excited to finally get started. It will make my final semester of college seem like years.
23/Male/Non-prior (BDCP)/SNA/Auburn University

BackOrdered

Contributor
Forgive me, but what does BDCP mean?

Be$t Damn Commissioning Program

BDCP (Baccalaureate Degree Commissioning Program) pays you up to E-5 pay/benefits as early as your sophomore year to complete college and commission into the officer community of your choice via OCS. You also accrue leave and time is service (extra pay and earlier retirement).

Words can't describe how favorable the program is compared to any other commissioning source.

exNavyOffRec

Be$t Damn Commissioning Program

BDCP (Baccalaureate Degree Commissioning Program) pays you up to E-5 pay/benefits as early as your sophomore year to complete college and commission into the officer community of your choice via OCS. You also accrue leave and time is service (extra pay and earlier retirement).

Words can't describe how favorable the program is compared to any other commissioning source.

It was great, it was like having a recruiter right in the school.

NRC though started cracking down on what BDCP guys could do during summer, if they weren't taking classes they had to work at the NRD or approved office, if they wanted to travel they were made to take leave, all this started going down right as I was leaving.

MasterBates

When I was in BDCP when small,mammals first appeared, they only wanted to know where I was.

My school sked only gave me two weeks at Christmas and two weeks mid summer totally off though. 12 weeks school, 12 weeks intern/coop then two weeks off.

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

WEGL12

VT-28
It was great, it was like having a recruiter right in the school.

NRC though started cracking down on what BDCP guys could do during summer, if they weren't taking classes they had to work at the NRD or approved office, if they wanted to travel they were made to take leave, all this started going down right as I was leaving.

This must not be strictly enforced yet because I didn't have to do anything this past summer (or the summer before) except let my recruiter know I was back home. They even gave me permission to work over the summers since I didn't have any classes I could take that would count towards my degree. All I was told was don’t get hurt. Pretty much I just take a PFA every six months, get good grades, and stay in contact with my recruiter every few weeks.

exNavyOffRec

This must not be strictly enforced yet because I didn't have to do anything this past summer (or the summer before) except let my recruiter know I was back home. They even gave me permission to work over the summers since I didn't have any classes I could take that would count towards my degree. All I was told was don’t get hurt. Pretty much I just take a PFA every six months, get good grades, and stay in contact with my recruiter every few weeks.

Doesn't surprise me, often it takes a while for stuff to get enforced and with BDCP slowly dying there will be fewer to check up on, there was one at the NRD that caused the spotlight to shine on them, a person in BDCP suffered a minor injury early in the summer but the documents submitted were from out of our area since this person when home, then the questions came, who is supervising this person?, what is this person doing?, why aren't you following what we sent out?

Long story short this BDCP person ended working M-F at an NRS for the recruiters there.

I made sure my BDCP and NUPOC were covered over the summer, either by them taking some easy class or arranging them to help me out a day or two during the week.

WEGL12

VT-28
Doesn't surprise me, often it takes a while for stuff to get enforced and with BDCP slowly dying there will be fewer to check up on, there was one at the NRD that caused the spotlight to shine on them, a person in BDCP suffered a minor injury early in the summer but the documents submitted were from out of our area since this person when home, then the questions came, who is supervising this person?, what is this person doing?, why aren't you following what we sent out?

Long story short this BDCP person ended working M-F at an NRS for the recruiters there.

I made sure my BDCP and NUPOC were covered over the summer, either by them taking some easy class or arranging them to help me out a day or two during the week.

I know there must be very few people in BDCP now. I was told I was the only one left in the state and I think there is one other NUPOC. But after dealing with my recruiting office for a while I can understand why they haven't enforced this policy yet. I have had five different recruiters in a little over a year and a half.
What did you require before shipping out to OCS? They make it sound like I have to just take the PFA once more then I can go home and wait for my OCS date.

exNavyOffRec

I know there must be very few people in BDCP now. I was told I was the only one left in the state and I think there is one other NUPOC. But after dealing with my recruiting office for a while I can understand why they haven't enforced this policy yet. I have had five different recruiters in a little over a year and a half.
What did you require before shipping out to OCS? They make it sound like I have to just take the PFA once more then I can go home and wait for my OCS date.

NUPOC's are wide open but some districts are just not getting them in like they should.

We would go over basic questions to make sure they hadn't forgot about any minor speeding tickets or anything, and then we would have them take the PFA when they were within 4 weeks from OCS, but not less than 2 weeks from OCS.

zeagle

Hey everyone thought I would chime in as well. Picked up SNFO at the December boards and have the 23 June OCS date. 27/Male/Prior Service Navy. See you all there, and I'm driving up from Philly so if anyone needs a ride and they are on the way to OCS, than let me know.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
FS for June 23rd! Stoked. I can't believe the FS letters are out this far in advance. Oh well, looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Harrington4778

Just thought I'd post in here as well, just got the FS for 23 June OCS yesterday! Congrats to everyone, just three short months away.

22/Male/Non-Prior/SNA