• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22aug2010

beaverslayer

pilot
Well I got another call today changing my OCS date for the second time in two days. My date has been 06JUN2010 for the last six months or so, got moved to 01JAN2011 yesterday, and I was told today that I would be reporting on 22AUG2010. So I'm not betting the farm on this one, but it seems as solid as it can be. I'm pretty sure the Navy is just screwing with my head at this point.

So anyway, if anyone else gets this date let me know!

22/M/SNA/Non-prior

EDIT: I forgot that capital letters in the title tend to become lower case, so for those that are bothered by that...my bad.

markkyle66

That sucks that they keep shifting your date around. Just curious, did they give you a reason and is this pretty common nowadays?

beaverslayer

pilot
No they didn't give me any kind of reason at all--just that it was happening. I honestly have no idea how common it is right now. There are a few people on here who have had the same thing going on, but in the end that's just a fraction of the people heading to OCS sometime in the next year. So yeah, I don't think anyone is going to have a clear picture of whats going on, unless they are actually sitting on the boards making the decisions.

Travis2688

I think mine is going to stay the same, at 09MAY2010... It seems like the sNFO's are needed, big time! So far in our class thread, all but one that have said they are going are sNFOS...

Squishy

My original date was June 20, but got an email today saying I'm now in the August 22 class. So you aren't the only one beaver. The email also said that it was due to a FY2010 goal reduction. Not sure what kind of reduction, maybe SNA?

Gus Gorilla

Squishy I'm with you. My OR called monday and said 18Apr. Then he called again today and said 22Aug. Seems par for the course. I just got a quick call saying "your date has changed, don't quit your day job". more or less. I didn't get a reason as to why it changed yet, but I know he's on the road today so I'll try again tomorrow. I am glad he called. I already started selling furniture to co-workers. I'll have to re-neg on some of that I guess. ;)

nugget61

pilot
Given this date as well - looks like a lot of sna's are getting bumped (including bdcp)

24/m/sna/nonprior/january

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I'm 22 August as well. Just got moved. I think most of us who had June 20 got bumped and I was told it was unlikely to change from the August date.

Gus Gorilla

I got the same information. Not likely to change from 22Aug. But that doesn't really mean much. When the day is actually 22Aug, THEN I'll completely believe it.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Gezz, all of us got bumped back. Going to be a long summer, anyone have a wakeboard boat?

oh yeah M/22/SNA/bdcp

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Gezz, all of us got bumped back. Going to be a long summer, anyone have a wakeboard boat?

oh yeah M/22/SNA/bdcp
How about you bring the boat, I'll bring the beer. What did Alec Baldwin say? Beers boats and buds?

I was excited to go so soon in June but it will be nice to have a whole summer to PT and party. Sucks if you're not BDCP though, no free money.