• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22 Feb 17 AMDO Board Thread

hewdawg83

I was curious who all submitted for this year's AMDO board. I've not seen much action on here for aspiring aviation maintenance duty officers.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Checking in for this board! Pretty Excited for this one... Second times the charm? Good Luck everybody!
Name: AWR1 (NAC/AW/IUSS) Justin Dowd
Applying for: AMDO / NFO
TIS: 11 Years
Evals (Newest to Oldest): #1 of 21 EP, #1 of 28 EP, #2 of 26 EP, #4 of 22 MP, MP
Degree: Bachelors of Science in Management
GPA: 3.65 Cum Laude
ASTB-E: 51 6/7/6
Collateral Duties: Command Career Counselor (9588 NEC earned), Command Sponsor Coordinator, Indoc coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, ESO
PFA: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent
LOR's: 1 CAPT (COS of Naval War College), 1 CDR- Prior CO, 1 LCDR- AMDO, 1 O6 AMDO HSM Winglant
Prior Submission - 2015 STA-21
Volunteer Hours - 150+ (2016)
Misc: Qualified in 4 helo platforms SH-60F, SH60H, MH-60S, MH-60R with 1500 HR's.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
I am submitting my KIT in Monday, I got permission from the AMDO community manager to submit late (after the NRC due date) because of active duty. Good Luck everyone!

I have applied for it. Really looking forward for the board results. I really can't wait to perhaps get picked up for AMDO this year.

I was curious who all submitted for this year's AMDO board. I've not seen much action on here for aspiring aviation maintenance duty officers.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Just got conformation that my KIT made it to the board... Good luck all!

Evals (Newest to Oldest): #1 of 21 EP, #1 of 28 EP, #2 of 26 EP, #4 of 22 MP, MP
Collateral Duties: Command Career Counselor (9588 NEC earned), Command Sponsor Coordinator, Indoc coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, ESO
LOR's: 1 CAPT (COS of Naval War College), 1 CDR- Prior CO, 1 LCDR- AMDO
Awards: JSOY 2015, NAM x 3, COM x 1 , FLOC x 2
Misc: Qualified in 4 helo platforms SH-60F, SH60H, MH-60S, MH-60R with 1500 HR's. SEJPME Complete.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just got conformation that my KIT made it to the board... Good luck all!

LOR's: 1 CAPT (COS of Naval War College), 1 CDR- Prior CO, 1 LCDR- AMDO
Awards: JSOY 2015, NAM x 3, COM x 1 , FLOC x 2
Misc: Qualified in 4 helo platforms SH-60F, SH60H, MH-60S, MH-60R with 1500 HR's. SEJPME Complete.

Out of curiosity what sort of aviation maintenance experience do you have?

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Out of curiosity what sort of aviation maintenance experience do you have?
Outside of normal preflight and post flight; I qualified Plane Captain in 3 different airframes which evolves servicing, inspections, minor maintenance, log and record keeping and tool control. I also organized and ran the aviation ordnance handler qualification program for my aircrew shop. There is not a lot of opportunity to gain extensive maintenance experience as an AW so everything is out of rate and extracurricular. I have had the opportunity over 5 deployments to work with a majority of the work centers and see what is evolved with their programs and management thereof. I would say I am very familiar with the aviation maintenance programs and policies, and more importantly I am willing and eager to learn more and become more involved, whether I am selected for AMDO or not.