• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

21 October 2012

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Swearing in this Thursday so I figured I'd get things going.

24/M/TN
IT Recruiter
FS SNA
Non-Prior
Definitely driving to OCS so if anyone needs to pack some goods in my car, let me know!
I've heard people mention that later when you are a Candi-O you can make a short trip to Boston or Providence to get away from Newport during Liberty. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

See you all in Newport!

Joe_Snow

FS SNA 21 OCT 2012
I just got my FS letter this past weekend. So it's going to be an interesting few months getting ready.

26/M/non-prior/SNA/Maryville College TN
Currently in Juneau, AK

gmoney907

SNA FS Oct. 21
Sup guys, I just got my FS letter this week and will be swearing in next week.

23/M/Non-Prior/SNA/Arizona State Univ

I will probably be flying to Rhode Island as well. Looking forward to get going with everyone in New Port in October.

Joe_Snow

FS SNA 21 OCT 2012
So, I'm swearing in next Friday......is anyone else getting the feeling of "Oh crap, what have I gotten myself into?"

Tonkovich.J

So, I'm swearing in next Friday......is anyone else getting the feeling of "Oh crap, what have I gotten myself into?"

I swore in almost a month ago and I occasionally get that feeling. I contribute this mostly to the unknowns we'll experience during the long and arduous task that is OCS. Then I say to myself, 12 weeks of hell is well worth this once in a lifetime opportunity. Then I follow that with some youtube clips of carrier takeoffs and landings and I feel much better.

...is anyone else getting the feeling of "Oh crap, what have I gotten myself into?"
No, not at all.

25/M/Non-Prior/FS SNFO

I will definitely be driving. Been looking forward to this for a while. Cannot wait to see what the next 8-10 years brings.

Renegade One

None
...12 weeks of hell is well worth this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Cannot wait to see what the next 8-10 years brings.
You folks have it right. Congrats...best of luck...keep your sense of humor...May The Force Be With You...

To steal a riff from a quote "attributed" to General Patton:

"...there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now, when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you: "What did you do in [your Navy career]?" You won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana."

Welcome aboard. Try to get a silver dollar somewhere before you report to Newport. :)

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Hey congrats Joe_Snow. I have a hatchback with plenty of room! And I will under-bid anyone. ;)

l.jpg

Let the games begin! Heyohhhh heyohhh! Also driving, with a 4 door grandma car. I'll have plenty of room as well. We can start the bidding at 20 moon pies....

Joe_Snow

FS SNA 21 OCT 2012
Quick question: Has someone gotten a Facebook group set up yet? Is this something we want to do?