• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

209 to 279 in 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

I see alot of people writing for advise... So here is mine. I did my 1st pft the last week of March and got a 209, 9 pullups, 92 crunch and 22:50 3 mile. I couldnt do pullups to save my life! All I could think of is I hope to get a 225 by July. Then they gave me a guide. I followed it completely. I started the Armstrong Program. It WORKS!! Then I started running outside on hilly roads doing "mailboxes" (intervals), Id sprint one mailbox to another, then jog one to another. Id do this for about 3-6 miles a day, alternating days. On the other days, Id hit the treadmill and sprint my ass off for 2 miles, then do 30 mins of bike or elliptical. I went back in beginning of june and got a 253; I did 14 pull, 115 crunch and 3 mile in 20:45. Kept going on the same program and last month I got a 279, 22 pull, 135 crunch and 21:23 min 3 mile. I lost time on the run b/c I overtrained my knees alittle (be careful running too much on streets). I also changed my diet, eating alot healther, and more carbs. Hope this helps. -Gavin

Praying to get in 184

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
That’s awesome. Keep the motivation strong. There are times that it is hard stay true to the diet and the gym, but that is part of becoming a Marine.

Three factors contribute to your physique, and fitness level. Genetics – Diet – Training

Until they figure out a way to remove the “fat genes” that my grandpa gave me, I’m going to have to focus on the later of the two. It sounds like you’ve figured out what works for you. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.