• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 MAR 17 SWO BOARD THREAD

Way123

Commissioned January 12th 2018.
THE ORIGINAL FEB SWO BOARD HAS BEEN PUSHED TO MARCH. KITS DUE TO NRC 17 FEB 17.

I was wondering what the reason may be for this board to be pushed? Is it possibly because they are waiting after the inauguration for new budget or is that set in stone already? Just curious that's all.

exNavyOffRec

Is it possibly because they are waiting after the inauguration for new budget or is that set in stone already? Just curious that's all.

nope, budgets are done in advance. It is more likely they are figuring out how many people they have accessing from USNA and NROTC to SWO, or they are waiting to see who was picked up for multiple designators and what they will go with, or as simple as the senior member isn't available on the date picked, those dates are set sometimes 18 months in advance.

SeaReaver

SeaReaver checking in. Good luck to everyone! Hopes to the possibility that they are moving the board up because they don't have enough applicants.

SeaReaver

I was wondering what the reason may be for this board to be pushed? Is it possibly because they are waiting after the inauguration for new budget or is that set in stone already? Just curious that's all.
The budget is done in October. They have had that set in stone for a while as far as I know.

SeaReaver

nope, budgets are done in advance. It is more likely they are figuring out how many people they have accessing from USNA and NROTC to SWO, or they are waiting to see who was picked up for multiple designators and what they will go with, or as simple as the senior member isn't available on the date picked, those dates are set sometimes 18 months in advance.

You are probably right. The graduation date for USNA and many other colleges is late May. By this time they should have a good idea of who is completing their degree on time (With the semester well underway it's hard to imagine someone fucking up badly enough to fail). Also with the inauguration of our new President chances are the senior members are busy doing other things.

exNavyOffRec

You are probably right. The graduation date for USNA and many other colleges is late May. By this time they should have a good idea of who is completing their degree on time (With the semester well underway it's hard to imagine someone fucking up badly enough to fail). Also with the inauguration of our new President chances are the senior members are busy doing other things.

NROTC and USNA graduates in May/June will be FY17 accessions and OCS boards will have no time to pick people to fill holes for FY17, they are already looking at FY18

The drop rate from USNA and NROTC in the last year is minimal, given the numbers that graduate probably statistically insignificant.

Ikirus

Checking in! This is my first attempt and I am very excited. Basic stats are OAR: 51; GPA: 3.05; Evals: EP (3); Awards: 1 NAM, SOY win; LOR: 3- O-6, O-5, O-3.