• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 November 2014

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
I was assigned to this OCS class today, figured I'd make it AW official and start a thread.

Anyone else have this class date yet?

Kees

SNA Select
I was assigned to this OCS class today, figured I'd make it AW official and start a thread.

Anyone else have this class date yet?

Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel!

I just got word that I am down in CIRIMS for the 2 November OCS class. Tentative, of course, as I am still waiting for my FINSEL.

Looking forward to classing up with you dude. Cheers!

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Right on. I'm glad to see I'll have a fellow 28 y.o & USAF prior!

I haven't received my FINSEL either yet; just updated in CIRIMS. Apparently my packet has moved from the PM to the Deputy Director, which I was informed is the last step before receiving FINSEL.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Some good info for all of us about Christmas at OCS:

From the OCS Foundation Portal Website

http://www.usnavyocs.com/portal/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=Application, Selection & Accessions#4:

"OCS is 12 weeks in length. If assigned to a class that extends through the Christmas Block Leave period (Friday before Christmas to the Sunday after New Years Day), Candidates generally take leave and will return after the New Years to complete training. The block leave period does not count toward the total course length and each candidate will be charged leave if taken."

However, I also read this info:

AtlasV, I got this from our FB group, which was originally taken from the Navy OCS Foundation Forum (navyOCS.org):

"Officer Candidates will choose between the following dates for winter leave during OCS:

a) 20 DEC - 27 DEC
b) 27 DEC - 3 JAN

Anyone that has been there during Christmas, can you clarify which is true? Do we have the full 2 weeks off, or is it 1 week of chosen dates?

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
Some good info for all of us about Christmas at OCS:

However, I also read this info:
Great info! I too am curious about the winter leave. I'm in CIRIMS for the 12OCT class and would be there during that time. If anyone has further info I am all ears!

Kees

SNA Select
Personally, I don't want Christmas leave. I turn 29 on 19 February, and I want to ensure I graduate before I am NPQ'd for age.

Kees

SNA Select
Right on. I'm glad to see I'll have a fellow 28 y.o & USAF prior!

I haven't received my FINSEL either yet; just updated in CIRIMS. Apparently my packet has moved from the PM to the Deputy Director, which I was informed is the last step before receiving FINSEL.

You and me both, dude. I've got 7.5 years of prior service in the USAF, so I was sitting here thinking I'd be the only old man in the group. Haha!

gp360

I was in a November 2013 class. For winter, you will all move to king hall for 2 weeks. You will choose one of the weeks to actually go home. If youre a prior, you can take as many days as you want provided you have the days available.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
You and me both, dude. I've got 7.5 years of prior service in the USAF, so I was sitting here thinking I'd be the only old man in the group. Haha!

I prefer the term "experienced" over "old". lol

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
I was in a November 2013 class. For winter, you will all move to king hall for 2 weeks. You will choose one of the weeks to actually go home. If youre a prior, you can take as many days as you want provided you have the days available.

What do the candidates do for that week at King Hall where we are not at home? Any possibilities of getting off base during the day/weekends?

Also, I went to Air Force basic during Thanksgiving in 04 and all airmen were actually "sponsored" by a local family where we spent thanksgiving at their homes. Is a similar practice followed at OCS?

triplej88

Hey guys, just found out (unofficially of course) that my OCS date is Nov. 2. Still waiting for FINSEL but at this point I am stoked just to hear something regarding my OCS date from my OR.

You guys ready for this cold weather PT?!

triplej88

I was really hoping for an OCS date sometime around august just so I wouldn't have to run several miles in ridiculously cold temps every morning. Oh well, this will just make us a little more bad ass.

So where are you guys from?