• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

19 Lt's Slotted for March TBS pushed to April Class

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Since there is only one way to post info regarding this, just ask you OSO if you were slotted to go in March and were pushed back one class. I'll give first and last initials and the last TWO of SSN since this is a simple form of anonymity, but not too vague.

FL12
MA51
JC17
MC02
JD41
NE98
JG09
SG43
AG72
TH93
KJ65
MK94
TL75
CL92
CP18
SR41
DR37
JS98
JY57

I do have the roster and if you can't get a hold of your OSO, you can pm me to verify if you are on this roster. If you feel that I put too much of your info on here, sorry. I felt this format was very neutral. I can say that there is a healthy distribution of USNA, NROTC, MECEP, and PLC. None of them are ECP, MCP, OCC...

If you are a little bummed by this news, I feel your pain.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Ah the wonderful world of fitting 220000 Marines through 190000 Marine hole. Fortunately they went from absolutely nothing to a little over half a new barracks in the 7 months that I was there. The only thing that means though is that there will be more Lt.s hanging around the Hawk....Not that there will be any more training. Perhaps 325 man companies are possible? Man that would suck for everybody.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
my buddy was slated for April class and was pushed back to June. He was told that they chose 25 of the newest commissioned LTs. I wonder how many classes this will trickle down?

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
It's been a while since I've posted on here, so hello to everybody once again. As theblakeness said, this is also happening to Lts scheduled for April. One Lt. doing PTAD out of the OSO's office I work at got pushed back to 02 June.

P.S. I'm retarded I know but I am trying to get pushed back to the June class. I'm trying to switch with the above mentioned Lt. He is a ground contract so I don't know if they'll let us swing it. If this doesn't play out, any of you air contracts slated for June who would like to go in April shoot a PM my way.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I am slotted to go in April, but the word I heard was that they were looking for just about any reason to hold people back a class so they could cut it down to 300. I have heard that there are 300 people alone in Mike Company right now.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
THey're trying to push back orders before people get here instead of doing what happened with my group. We got orders here and upon check in most of us were automatically rolled into the next one. Less Lts to keep in Mike. People will just show up right before the training company picks up instead of waiting around here

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
The unofficial word on the recruiting front is that there are a total of about 1000, that's one THOUSAND Lieutenants and Captains(JAGS) awaiting to pick up training at TBS including M Co Lt's.

The official word on the current OCS class is that as of last week, there are 65% of the originally scheduled candidates still training at OCS. Yes, that is a terribly high attrition rate(~35%). The common reason is of course medical, with PT failures a close 2nd. No, Col Chase did not make a return; all due respect to his honorable service. Official numbers to come.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
The official word on the current OCS class is that as of last week, there are 65% of the originally scheduled candidates still training at OCS. Yes, that is a terribly high attrition rate(~35%). The common reason is of course medical, with PT failures a close 2nd. No, Col Chase did not make a return; all due respect to his honorable service. Official numbers to come.

I dont think that is that uncommon for the winter class. I want to say that last winter lost roughly half by graduation for various reasons.

Jiff84

Is this the reason my OSO is giving me the run around for my commission? I posted about this in the USMC forum on this site, check it out if you want to see my story. I know TBS is packed but they gotta get me PTAD or serving Chow in Quantico to pay some bills.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
They dont HAVE to give you shit. I had to wait 2 years between OCS and commissioning and then 5 months between that and TBS. I didnt get PTAD either. There werent any slots available. Thats the short version of the story. If you want to wait it out then do it. If its not worth it to you then move on. You wont be forgotten - eventually you will either commission or choose to leave. If all your stuff is completed its only a matter of time before it will happen. Things get delayed and pushed back. Thats life. I feel your pain about not being paid and waiting around. But you'll get through eventually.

aukonak

They dont HAVE to give you shit. I had to wait 2 years between OCS and commissioning and then 5 months between that and TBS. I didnt get PTAD either. There werent any slots available. Thats the short version of the story. If you want to wait it out then do it. If its not worth it to you then move on. You wont be forgotten - eventually you will either commission or choose to leave. If all your stuff is completed its only a matter of time before it will happen. Things get delayed and pushed back. Thats life. I feel your pain about not being paid and waiting around. But you'll get through eventually.

Is this common?

I was supposed to be in 200 but because of a paperwork issue, was un-selected at the last minute. It's been a struggle to find work in the meantime before 201. My bills have piled and I'm wondering if there's a good chance I'll have to deal with this if/when I graduate OCC-201..

Edit: I get what people mean when they say, "only wait if it's worth it for you," but I feel like there's a "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" tone to it. I think most civilians don't understand how different the military operates when it comes to that. When OCC-200 fell through for me and I had to find a new job (my previous employer had already replaced me), a lot of people said "welcome to the military/Corps." I understand the sentiment but that comment should only apply once you're actually commissioned or at least under contract. It didn't make me change my mind about becoming a Marine but it certainly contributed to making my life a lot more difficult for the time being.