• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

19 AUG 2012

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I thought I would attempt to show some sort of initiative by starting this thread, I haven't seen any others yet.

26/M/Non-prior/SNA/Wright State University

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
When did you guys get your pro-rec and final select letters? I'm trying to gauge how long the wait is after being pro-rec'ed? Thanks.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
Early February for my pro-rec, word of my OCS date came August 11. Still don't have my letter, though.

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
Pro-rec's on Feb 2nd from the Jan board, OCS date came down Apr 25th. My date was a bit delayed because I was also up for the April IW board, so I had to let them know that I did not want to be considered for that anymore.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
As it turns out I've been given the opportunity to join the July 8 class, and that is now my official OCS date. Good luck to everyone in August!

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
I'm hoping for the same. My recruiter called yesterday, asked if I wanted to put in a request to change classes. Natheo, how long did it take to find out you had been switched?

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I was offered the chance May 16, and had it confirmed today on the 24. So about a week to have it confirmed.

It seems like a good idea to not bet on the change at first though. My recruiter said something along the lines of "throwing it up and seeing if it sticks," so I didn't start making any plans or changing anything until I was confirmed. Other than stepping up my PT a bit due to the motivation of having 40 days chopped off of my wait.

jgwalker

FS NFO, 29 JUL
Ok, thanks. He made it clear that it was just a request, and that there are only a couple of spots available. Gotta hope for the best.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
23 (will turn 24 at OCS)/M/Non-Prior/SWO/University of California, Irvine

Pro-Rec'ed November 2010. yes you heard right. Nearly two years in the waiting.

Woodrow4620

33/M/current AWO1(or prior)/SWO- OCEANO OPTION/ Columbia college, MO

verbals for this class, still waiting for official letter