• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1815 At-Sea Opportunities

KMF_CTTC

I'm brand new to this site (but not to the Navy), and it seems to be a great resource for those currently serving or thinking about serving. I was hoping to get a little help with a question that a recruiter was unable to answer for me:

Can anyone speak either from experience or anecdotally about at-sea opportunities for a Cryptologic Warfare Officer (1815)? Are they common, uncommon, non-existent? Is it one of those things that can be made available to a properly motivated JO?

I've searched this forum and have seen some discussion about Intel Officer (1835) at-sea opportunities but wasn't able to come across a similar discussion for 1815's.

Thanks, in advance...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm brand new to this site (but not to the Navy), and it seems to be a great resource for those currently serving or thinking about serving. I was hoping to get a little help with a question that a recruiter was unable to answer for me:

Can anyone speak either from experience or anecdotally about at-sea opportunities for a Cryptologic Warfare Officer (1815)? Are they common, uncommon, non-existent? Is it one of those things that can be made available to a properly motivated JO?

I've searched this forum and have seen some discussion about Intel Officer (1835) at-sea opportunities but wasn't able to come across a similar discussion for 1815's.

Thanks, in advance...

I don't know but this is a question you should ask during your OIC/1815 interviews.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Recently did my OIC interview and was told it is incredibly rare for 1815's; however, he also stated the Navy is aggressively working on changing that. If you want at-sea opportunities, the OIC interviewer stated IP have those [opportunities] all day, everyday.

KMF_CTTC

Recently did my OIC interview and was told it is incredibly rare for 1815's; however, he also stated the Navy is aggressively working on changing that. If you want at-sea opportunities, the OIC interviewer stated IP have those [opportunities] all day, everyday.

Interesting... Thanks for the info.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I know of ONE 1815 who was able to do a DIRSUP mission, however, the individual was a prior-Enlisted CT. The individual also spent a significant amount of ADT/AT/ADSW time doing work ups.

There are Annual Training (AT) and other opportunities "at sea" on ships.

The Navy can hardly manage Reservists to ensure they are "gainfully employed" let alone figure out how to fully utilize them at sea.