• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 may

Renegade One

None
Just for sits and giggles, this is YOUR day in Navy History:

May 18

1775 - Benedict Arnold captures British sloop and renames her Enterprise, first of many famous ships with that name
1798 - Appointment of Benjamin Stoddert as first Secretary of the Navy
1969 - Launch of Apollo 10, dress rehearsal for first lunar landing mission. CDR John W. Young, USN, was the Command Module Pilot and CDR Eugene A. Cernan, USN, was the Lunar Module Pilot. During the 8 Day mission, the craft made 31 lunar orbits in 61.6 hours. Recovery was by HS-4 helicopters from USS Princeton (LPH-5).
2014 - What will become the most high decorated and highly promoted OCS Class in history reports to Newport, RI.

getalfhere85

Aball, looking forward to meeting you as we'll. Renegade One, thanks for the positive comments and naval history. It will be something I share with the class.

Andyb765

I just got word that I will be in the 18 May class. Got picked up for IW on the Dec board. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I just got word that I will be in the 18 May class. Got picked up for IW on the Dec board. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
CONGRATS Andy!!! That's news to my ears also... I was also selected on that same board and this gives me hope that I will be getting my FS soon... So did your CO give you the news??? You are stationed in Japan correct??? Again Congrats Bro...

MBizzle

Hey all,

Got pro-rec'd and selected as an Aviator by the March rolling board. Anyone able to give me a guess as to when I'll get my reporting date, and what that date will actually be?

Thanks!

CmichRugger12

PRO-Y NFO
Hey all,

Got pro-rec'd and selected as an Aviator by the March rolling board. Anyone able to give me a guess as to when I'll get my reporting date, and what that date will actually be?

Thanks!

Just a heads up MBizzle. I'm Pro-Rec'd from the December board for NFO and have not gotten a Final Select yet. After not getting taken for INTEL (Dec-Feb board) my OR told me in March that my letter is on the PM's desk awaiting signature. I've seen a couple SNA's from December's board get Final Select letters, but others are waiting. You probably will have to wait behind others who were selected during February's boards as well, but depending on what the navy needs maybe not.

I've just been lurking around the "Final Select Purgatory" thread to kind of gauge when I should expect to hear back. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to tell when these letters will be sent and the only real solution is to wait.

Just remember that some people get the word they are going within a month or less sometimes. So basically from here on out you'll want to ensure you are ready to go asap. Hopefully we are both at OCS before too long and studying at flight school soon after!

MBizzle

Just a heads up MBizzle. I'm Pro-Rec'd from the December board for NFO and have not gotten a Final Select yet. After not getting taken for INTEL (Dec-Feb board) my OR told me in March that my letter is on the PM's desk awaiting signature. I've seen a couple SNA's from December's board get Final Select letters, but others are waiting. You probably will have to wait behind others who were selected during February's boards as well, but depending on what the navy needs maybe not.

I've just been lurking around the "Final Select Purgatory" thread to kind of gauge when I should expect to hear back. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to tell when these letters will be sent and the only real solution is to wait.

Just remember that some people get the word they are going within a month or less sometimes. So basically from here on out you'll want to ensure you are ready to go asap. Hopefully we are both at OCS before too long and studying at flight school soon after!

Thanks, CmichRugger12. Fact is, I only have my recruiter's word that I've been selected. It really bugs me that I don't actually have anything definitive in writing yet: I'm finishing out my senior year and turning down graduate school offers, which is a risky business in my book. Still, I suppose I'll need to get used to the "hurry up and wait" mentality. Just using these months to work out and get in shape. Also being super-paranoid about my health and eyesight.

Fingers crossed I'll find out soon.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot

to piggy back this, I am with the Feb group of SNA selects and word on the street is we will be slotted for FY15, meaning earliest roll out to OCS being July 20. But again dont hold you breath to go anytime soon unless you are Dec select or turning 27 within 6 months. My outlook is for the Aug 10 OCS.