• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 November 2013

Kelsokrippler

My recruiter told me on September 3rd I received my FS and was going to be in this class. I am curious to know who else is going to be in this class as well.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I am in as well, I heard the graduation date is 21st Feb, but our actual last day of the class is 17th Feb FYI

You'll graduate on Friday, and then get the hell out of Newport so they have room for the incoming class the following Sunday. I have no idea why your grad date would be off like that.

Jcrouhier688

You'll graduate on Friday, and then get the hell out of Newport so they have room for the incoming class the following Sunday. I have no idea why your grad date would be off like that.

I called the Command Duty Officer at OCS and that is what he told me. He looked it up on the calendar and said something to the effect of the last day of actual coursework/Officer Candidate school will be that Monday, the 17th, with the graduation that Friday, 21st Feb. Does that not make sense, do they run the regular schooling routine up until the grad date?

Edit: To be clear, my dad called up there (retired CDR and current JROTC instructor) while I was at work and relayed the info to me. Maybe something got lost in there somewhere?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I called the Command Duty Officer at OCS and that is what he told me. He looked it up on the calendar and said something to the effect of the last day of actual coursework/Officer Candidate school will be that Monday, the 17th, with the graduation that Friday, 21st Feb. Does that not make sense, do they run the regular schooling routine up until the grad date?

Edit: To be clear, my dad called up there (retired CDR and current JROTC instructor) while I was at work and relayed the info to me. Maybe something got lost in there somewhere?
Well the coursework, like the actual academics, ends in week 8 with the Nav/NOS finals. After that, it's just briefs, leadership classes with the CO, and running the regiment. Plus the pass-in-review/grad practice. So I'm wondering what the CDO meant when he said that Monday would be the last day. Especially since the few days leading up to graduation are usually the busiest by far.

Jcrouhier688

Well the coursework, like the actual academics, ends in week 8 with the Nav/NOS finals. After that, it's just briefs, leadership classes with the CO, and running the regiment. Plus the pass-in-review/grad practice. So I'm wondering what the CDO meant when he said that Monday would be the last day. Especially since the few days leading up to graduation are usually the busiest by far.

Interesting... I will ask my old man tomorrow if he can elaborate (or even remember!) on what the CDO told him exactly.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Yeah that doesn't sound right at all. You are very much involved with running the regiment up until pass in review on the Thursday, and then you're free after that (there is a reception/banquet that night) until graduation itself. There is not of wiggle room or free time at OCS.

The only thing that I could remotely think of is that the out PFA is at the end of week 11, which is the last thing you have to pass to graduate. But then even that is a week before graduation, not the week of graduation.

Jcrouhier688

Sorry for the late response to whoever was concerned. My dad confirmed that's all he was told. It was a brief convo where he just introduced himself and mentioned he needed the grad date ASAP for the family to plan around, and he was patched into the CDO who helped him and told him what I posted earlier.

Jcrouhier688

Pilot! I may switch to NFO though, I'm right on the line of seeing 20/20 - 20/30 and it may muddle things up... But I'll learn more about it as I go

Tiearra

Hello to all,
I applied for SWO with the deadline being June 19, 2013. Received news that I was selected by the board on Aug 1, 2013 and was just PQ'd about a week ago. My recruiter said he is just waiting on the final selection letter with the date. So I am assuming that I will be in the November 17 class as well.
I am excited to meet all of you! How have you all been preparing?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
It usually takes about 4 weeks to get a final select after you are PQ and JPAS is opened. Then the OCS date on your final select gives you about 4 weeks to prepare.