• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 April 2012

kiwinosa87

Heading to P'cola!
Congrats Mike!

I am bored and anxious and wondering what y'all are doing for physical fitness while awaiting April 15th. I'm more or less focusing on lowering my PRT run time but adding in some upper body workouts too. I've also started swimming once a week, though I'm not very good at it. I read that we likely won't swim at OCS, but rather during API. What are you doing?

I've been sticking with my regular workouts. They have a good focus on strength and endurance. Very little running for me! I did go for 3 1/2 miles the other day with no problem though. I am starting at a new gym today that has a pool. Just wanna get used to swimming with my face in the water. A good 20 minutes of swimming is just about as good as 20 minutes of running so I figure kill two with one workout.

siuc_avi

FS SNA - 15 APRIL 2012
Whats good guys,
I started Insanity this week to help me work on my cardio for my morning workout. For nights I'm just using the Navy's DEP OCS workout prep schedule that I got when I signed last week.

Do you guys have any good pushup/upperbody workouts?? (upper body is lacking)

Whats good guys,
I started Insanity this week to help me work on my cardio for my morning workout. For nights I'm just using the Navy's DEP OCS workout prep schedule that I got when I signed last week.

Do you guys have any good pushup/upperbody workouts?? (upper body is lacking)
Have you ever tried the 100 pushup challenge? (hundredpushups.com) That's a pretty good one to get a start on push-ups. Other than that you can't go wrong with the classic bench press IMO.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Skullcrushers and other tricep isolating lifts (ie pulldowns on a cable machine) made a huge difference in my pushups in a very short time. I do workout all the other muscle groups as well, but upping the triceps made the biggest difference.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

So any of you guys have an idea of how graduation works in terms of timing? I'm assuming if we start April 15, 13 weeks later would be the Friday of July 13. Again, that's assuming we graduate on a Friday. What do you know?

A post on USNavyOCS.com says your class's graduation is July 6. Only give yourself twelve weeks, not 13. :)
The 6th sounds good to me. I guess that means that July 4th will be that Wednesday which I believe is the first day that we see our families. Should make for quite an event!

siuc_avi

FS SNA - 15 APRIL 2012
Yea, the 6th sounds great! Thanks aodell....

Dave and Kris,
What do you think about getting a Facebook group together? I also have an account on USNAVYOCS.COM, and just noticed there are a couple of classmates on there talking about our April 15th class. I think we could use it as a good tool to tie all of us together.

Dave and Kris,
What do you think about getting a Facebook group together? I also have an account on USNAVYOCS.COM, and just noticed there are a couple of classmates on there talking about our April 15th class. I think we could use it as a good tool to tie all of us together.

Sounds good. Let me know what to do.

siuc_avi

FS SNA - 15 APRIL 2012
Sounds good. Let me know what to do.
Facebook will not allow me to create a group without another friend. First step, add each other and go from there? (Probably just name the group with the same format as the class before us)

If you would like to add me as a friend first. My full name is Jason Robert Hughes. Work/School information: Southern Illinois University Carbondale