• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 DEC 14

Que3n

pilot
Spoke with my recruiter this morning and it looks like I am penciled in for this class, no FINSEL yet but I figured I would get a thread going for this report date.

Spartan695

Yeah no letter yet either for me so I hope I'm not speaking too soon but this is my date too. It's a blessing that we have four months to prepare still, but what to prepare still eludes me...

Jules_W

Yeah no letter yet either for me so I hope I'm not speaking too soon but this is my date too. It's a blessing that we have four months to prepare still, but what to prepare still eludes me...

Are you being cocky, or do you actually need some guidance? (If it's the former, that's the spirit!)

Spartan695

Are you being cocky, or do you actually need some guidance? (If it's the former, that's the spirit!)
Well as with others I've seen, I don't get any physical material to study until the fs officially comes in, and I know I should be prepared physically... But I just don't know what else will be expected... (Ofc this will not stop me from being cocky with the DI, I just saw the trailer for "An Officer and a Gentleman".)

Jules_W

As far as physical material goes, I know everyone is just trying to learn Appendix B--> http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/OCR APP B - Inspection Knowledge.pdf

You have to know that verbatim before you get there according to the OCS website. If you already had that and knew that then I apologize for making you look at it more than you already have to! :p

Yeah I've heard there's really no way to prepare for the way things go there. I've been watching Hi-Moms videos and whatever other stuff is posted on Youtube under "Navy OCS" but I know even that won't do me much good...glad we're all in the same boat!

Spartan695

As far as physical material goes, I know everyone is just trying to learn Appendix B--> http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/OCR APP B - Inspection Knowledge.pdf

You have to know that verbatim before you get there according to the OCS website. If you already had that and knew that then I apologize for making you look at it more than you already have to! :p

Yeah I've heard there's really no way to prepare for the way things go there. I've been watching Hi-Moms videos and whatever other stuff is posted on Youtube under "Navy OCS" but I know even that won't do me much good...glad we're all in the same boat!
Oh thx a bunch I didn't see this before; my training thus far has consisted of watching jets take off of carriers on Youtube and waking up early to work out with R. Lee Ermey in my mp3 player on a loop. (i.e., "you gotta be sh*t*'n me Pyle," etc.) If I find anything that looks important I'll post as well...

Jules_W

Oh thx a bunch I didn't see this before; my training thus far has consisted of watching jets take off of carriers on Youtube and waking up early to work out with R. Lee Ermey in my mp3 player on a loop. (i.e., "you gotta be sh*t*'n me Pyle," etc.) If I find anything that looks important I'll post as well...

LOL I hope you're not joking that is great. Yeah I've been studying it casually for about 3 months now and I basically have it down so it's not that bad. Just make flashcards. And yeah good idea!

Jules_W

Joining the club here guys...according to my OR I am tentatively scheduled for 12/14. And I am still waiting for my FINSEL as well.

As for stuff to study..this what my OR gave me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv0r49l8m0fhahh/OCS Gouge Pack.pdf
(let me know if the link doesn't work..it worked for me)

That study guide doesnt have the correct chain of command. Here, this is from the OCS website http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/OCR APP B - Inspection Knowledge.pdf

Spartan695

Thanks, I have seen several different lists for the chain of command and nobody seems to know which list is the correct one...I'll just study each COC list lol
This is absolute speculation, but I remember reading on some thread that the information will change in details from public access gouge to the actual gouge at OCS--with this in mind, it would appear that maybe one of these chains is the actual chain needed while at OCS. Ofcourse, none of this is helpful probably since I have no idea which is which.