• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 13 Jun 2016 IWC Board

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
For this board, the NRD-deadline for all programs is 6 May 2016. Hard deadline to NRC is 13 May 2016. Board convenes on 13 Jun 2016. This board will begin selections for Fiscal Year 2017.

Results from the 7 Mar 2016 are as follows and were released on 21 Mar 2016. This board completed selections for Fiscal Year 2016.

Overall Applications: 224 (178 from NRDs, 46 from fleet)
Overall Selects: 34 (31 from NRDs, 3 from fleet)
Overall Selection Percentage: 15.17%

Programs (NRDs/Fleet):

Intel: 12/0
Oceano: 1/0
SWO-Oceano: 0/1
IP: 5/1
SWO-IP: 2/1
Cyberwarfare Officer (formerly IW): 10/0
SWO-CWO: 1/0
CWE: 0/0

Mustafa "MJ" Abdullah Jr

Aspiring Naval Officer, Interest in Supply and SWO
Overall Applications: 224 (178 from NRDs, 46 from fleet)
Overall Selects: 34 (31 from NRDs, 3 from fleet)
Overall Selection Percentage: 15.17%

Do you have the report for the competitive average as well? I've got my eye on this board and want to do everything I can to strengthen my application.

egiv

Cyberwarfare Officer (formerly IW): 10/0
SWO-CWO: 1/0
CWE: 0/0

Not to nitpick - I can barely keep the name changes straight myself - but the new name for 1810s is Cryptologic Warfare Officer (CWO - the warrants are thrilled), as opposed to 1840 Cyber Warfare Engineer (CWE).

CWO_change

IWC (I don't know about Intel officers, though) is certainly leaning more towards new officers having tech degrees. When I went through IWBC (I'm not sure what thye are going to call it now), though, which was fairly recently, a good 30% of so of my class didn't have technical degrees. Vice Admiral Tighe expects those of us without technical undergraduate degrees to at least go to NPS to get a STEM masters degree in order to be competitive for advancement boards.

ant92083

Just received a call from my recruiter. The board may be cancelled as they may try and bring a new applicant system up this quarter. All application information should be mirrored into the new system for the board beginning in August. I asked if they will receive a notification if the board meets or not, they said they won't and the date will just roll bye, if no applications are moved then they got their answer.

Last edited: