• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"13 Hours" movie

robav8r

D-FENS
None
Contributor
I saw it last night - thought it was pretty good. There is no politics or any reference to HRC. Just the story about the fiasco that ensued . . .

Renegade One

None
BLUF: The only people who have a freaking clue as to what's going on, what needs to be done, how to do it, and what could have been different "if only", are current or former SOF guys. It's what they do. Beards and Oakleys obviously help.

I'd recommend reading the book first, or at least horsing up on Google…just easier to understand the timeline, the layout of the two compounds and the airport in Benghazi, etc. My wife had a bit of trouble understanding the flow of events and the ramifications of time/distance.

I thought Krasinski did fine in the role.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
Just saw it as well. Very well done. A few of the security contractors who were there were also involved with production, trying to make it as accurate as possible.

Also very damning to the outside entities that were prevented by higher authority from coming to their aid. Still unbelievable they made it through the mess.

jtmedli

pilot
Great movie. To me, it'll join the likes of Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor, and American Sniper in my good military/combat flicks.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot

Hair Warrior

JO 1835
Contributor

wink

VS NFO. Blue and Gold Officer
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One guy that was there denies the stand down order occurred. Not multiple "people". Multiple people (more than one) said the order was given. Oh, and they were there too. True, a Congressional Committee says they found no evidence of an order being given. Haven't read the Committee's report. What were they looking for as evidence, an unclass email or recorded radio transmission? We are talking a verbal order. One guy says he never spoke the words. Fine. Two guys in separate incidents say he did. Fine. That is evidence in any court. Not conclusive and up to a court of public opinion jury to consider the totality of circumstances and motivations of the witness.

Regardless. A fine moving picture show.