• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 January 2014 OCS class date

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Just got word a few days ago stating this is my tentative OCS class date. Best of luck to everyone!

Superman1996ta

Was there a specific reason you slotted for this class, at least tentatively? Did you request it? I'm hoping for this class date, as it is the first one after the date my current command will let me go. Thanks for any info and best of luck!

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
I graduate in December, I believe that is the reason why. Best of luck!

Was there a specific reason you slotted for this class, at least tentatively? Did you request it? I'm hoping for this class date, as it is the first one after the date my current command will let me go. Thanks for any info and best of luck!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm hoping for this class date, as it is the first one after the date my current command will let me go.
Do you say that as a LT (O-3) in the USPHS, you still have to go back through OCS, and start out as a Navy ENS (O-1)? If so, it's still worth it to fly Navy. I assume your USPHS time would be counted toward USN retirement, and put you in a slightly higher monthly pay bracket.
BzB

Superman1996ta

BzB,
Yes, I have to attend OCS and start over as an ENS, since I'm not transfering. Your assumption is correct, my tis with USPHS will/should count for pay/retirement. I'm still waiting to see it on paper before I sign anything. I think it is worth it, as long as my time does count. If they give me a date and try to say my time won't count, I've already said that is a no go fo me. It would be way too big of a paycut to ask my family to endure while I chase a dream.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Just got word a few days ago stating this is my tentative OCS class date. Best of luck to everyone!
You haven't graduated with your degree yet? You wont get a FINSEL until they receive your final transcripts and proof of degree.

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
That is incorrect, I have my final select letter and I'm already enlisted as an inactive E-5. It states that if I do not graduate in December that I be dropped from a class date and lose my flight spot.

You haven't graduated with your degree yet? You wont get a FINSEL until they receive your final transcripts and proof of degree.

exNavyOffRec

That is incorrect, I have my final select letter and I'm already enlisted as an inactive E-5. It states that if I do not graduate in December that I be dropped from a class date and lose my flight spot.

I guess they are doing things a bit different for the Jan class, in the past it was a rush to get all the documents in for people who were graduating and then going to OCS in Jan.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Just got the call that I too will be in this class. No FS letter yet so still waiting to hear if I got SNA or SNFO