• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

pYn9590

Christ, this came out of nowhere! I was planning on taking the ASTB in March before the April deadline but now I have to take it ASAP. Good luck, indeed.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Christ, this came out of nowhere! I was planning on taking the ASTB in March before the April deadline but now I have to take it ASAP. Good luck, indeed.

Have you been seen by MEPS and medically PQ'd by N3M? That is typically the most time consuming part of the process so if you haven't gone through that yet you are unlikely to make it to this board.

pYn9590

Have you been seen by MEPS and medically PQ'd by N3M? That is typically the most time consuming part of the process so if you haven't gone through that yet you are unlikely to make it to this board.

Yes, thankfully. I have everything completed from the last board, I just need to retake the ASTB. Ideally I'd like to expand on my personal statement but unsure if I can find time for that as is.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes, thankfully. I have everything completed from the last board, I just need to retake the ASTB. Ideally I'd like to expand on my personal statement but unsure if I can find time for that as is.

ASTB is the biggest factor of the selection process. More than likely the board won't read your motivational statement. You don't need to write the next Gettysburg address in your statement.

msv123

MVaughn123
Missed the deadline for the Feb board so I'll be submitting for this board. Good luck to all!

msv123

MVaughn123
Good to have a fellow Coug in the board with me!
Right back at ya, brother. Go cougs! I also just noticed you had LASIK. I did PRK and went from 20/550 to 20/15. PRK is pretty painful for the first day or two after surgery though... I couldn't even open my eyes without pulling them open with my fingers. lol

koliver

Right back at ya, brother. Go cougs! I also just noticed you had LASIK. I did PRK and went from 20/550 to 20/15. PRK is pretty painful for the first day or two after surgery though... I couldn't even open my eyes without pulling them open with my fingers. lol
Damn that's rough! I went back to work the next day seeing 20/30 and just had really dry eyes.

msv123

MVaughn123
Damn that's rough! I went back to work the next day seeing 20/30 and just had really dry eyes.
Yeah with PRK you have to let that surface epithelium heal back in as opposed to just laying the "flap" back down in lasik. Just don't get poked in the eye or that flap's coming back up! lol

msv123

MVaughn123
Yeah with PRK you have to let that surface epithelium heal back in as opposed to just laying the "flap" back down in lasik. Just don't get poked in the eye or that flap's coming back up! lol
Are you doing ROTC? I rowed with a buddy at wsu who did navy ROTC and hes in pensacola training for NFO right now

koliver

Are you doing ROTC? I rowed with a buddy at wsu who did navy ROTC and hes in pensacola training for NFO right now
I was in NROTC for two years but didn't get a scholarship. I'm assuming you're talking about ENS Bates?