• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

09 Oct 2011

pensfan341

guess we should introduce ourselves.

I am going for Supply, i am BDCP.
Graduated w/ Econ degree at John Carroll.
Live in Pittsburgh, PA. 22 years old.

poobear24

No, I'm driving. I was going to fly, but just about everyone on AW recommended driving. By driving, you get per diem, a vehicle for weekend liberty, and a place to store your snickers bars and other contraband...

OctoberSun

Well, hopefully someone will take pity on me and give me a couple square feet of their trunk and/or let me ride on the roof rack for the weekends.

Crazy*Carl

I received my final select letter, LASIK waiver, and swore in yesterday.

24-SNA-Non-prior
From Houston TX
B.S. Aerospace Engineering St. Louis University.

I will be flying up the morning of the 8th. I am looking forward to it,

OctoberSun

Hey! Another person from Drought Central! Can you tell me more about your LASIK waiver? My recruiter told me to apply for one as soon as we get to P'cola - eyesight was my only disqualifer from SNA.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Hey OctoberSun, if I end up in this class I may end up driving up there instead of flying, so I'll gladly give you some trunk space and/or a ride if you want to carpool.

26 - BDCP Pilot - Non-prior
Denton, TX (about 30 miles north of Dallas)

NTXRockr

Yes, I have an FCE scheduled for next Tuesday (the earliest it could be scheduled) so other than that I have to get into MEPS for a new physical and complete the PRT, then sit back and wait for CNRC to decide if and when I go. My only other issue is that I'm coming up for the age 27 limitation for pilot in March, so I have just four classes left to get into in order to commission before then. So we'll see what happens, I'm going to stay on them and hope they can squeeze me into the 18 Sept class but who knows.

NTXRockr

And as far as the LASIK waiver, I was under the impression that the PRK was the only method allowed for non-priors, but they were in trial for current servicemen who wanted LASIK to see if it was compatible, etc. Did they approve it now?