• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

06 Oct 2013

QuaTra

My OR told me that i will be in this class. However, i do not recieve my Fs letter nor swear in yet. Hopefully, i will recieve my FS soon and see you all in OCS.

Male/30/swo/ prior

BackseatDriver

I originally had a FS for the October 27th class, but seeing there was a mix up as far as my job designation was, my class date was changed to the 6th. (I was supposed to go in as an NFO but, on my paperwork, they were going to swear me in as a SWO :eek: - Nothing wrong with that, but I really was hoping to be in the aviation community. In any case, those in charge of the job designations were able to change it back to NFO right away). Anyway...

Female/24/NFO/non-prior

QuaTra

@backsitdriver: were you selected on March 4? How long does it take to have your FS. Congrat on your selection.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I originally had a FS for the October 27th class, but seeing there was a mix up as far as my job designation was, my class date was changed to the 6th. (I was supposed to go in as an NFO but, on my paperwork, they were going to swear me in as a SWO :eek: - Nothing wrong with that, but I really was hoping to be in the aviation community. In any case, those in charge of the job designations were able to change it back to NFO right away). Anyway...

Female/24/NFO/non-prior
Backseat, great job filling in your personal profile. It really enhances the quality of responses to your questions, when we have a bit of info on member background, education, and aspirations. It would be great if all the "newbees" would fill out their profile half as well as yours; but alas, most just leave it blank, to their detriment. Good show, and congrats on your selection, you will not be disappointed in deciding to serve in Naval Aviation as an NFO.:)
NFO Wings.png
BzB

BackseatDriver

@backsitdriver: were you selected on March 4? How long does it take to have your FS. Congrat on your selection.

It's a really late response and probably no longer useful for you personally but I guess it may be helpful for others. I was selected for NFO on March 11 and got my FS on June 19. I had to go back to MEPS for a few things and get other medical documents so it wasn't until late April that I really had everything I needed to get my FS and be sworn in. And thank you and congratulations to you and to everyone who will be joining this class.

And thank you BusyBee604. I guess my tendency to write essays isn't always a bad thing.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Just got the news. Final select in this class.
25/SNA/Washington State (flying ).

Buss

None
I just received the news as well. Final Select SNFO for this class. I was hoping to have time to square things away and drive out there, but I'll be flying out as well Spenz. Are you flying out of KSEA or KGEG?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I just received the news as well. Final Select SNFO for this class. I was hoping to have time to square things away and drive out there, but I'll be flying out as well Spenz. Are you flying out of KSEA or KGEG?

I am not sure. I think I will find out when I swear in or get my orders. I was just told to book a room for Saturday night at the Navy Lodge the 5th of October.

duck duck goose

snfo FS 06 OCT 2013
Congratulations! Just wondering, did you already have your medical and clearance approved/started when you got ProRec-Y? Thanks!

i had cleared MEPS, and my medical packet had gone through (or was going through) the navy's clearance process. So to answer your question, I think it had already been approved.

BleedGreen

pilot
I got the message relayed to me as well for this class. I was on a fire shuttling some crews in to a remote are via helicopter when one of the crew members pulled me aside to tell me the news. I've been without cell service for a week so it was a nice surprise and one I wasn't expecting to hear in the middle of our mission. Pretty stoked!!