• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02 December 2012

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
Just received my FS letter for this class.

26/M/Key West
SNA
Prior

I won’t be driving because I sold my car before I left for Kuwait (will be returning right before OCS).

Little over three months to go!

USN1855

You were July board pro-req right? I'm guessing that you had MEPS and security already completed since you were prior...so you went through the pro-req to FS process quick? Waiting on my FS letter...lol.

Congrats!!! and stay safe in Kuwait!

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
You were July board pro-req right? I'm guessing that you had MEPS and security already completed since you were prior...so you went through the pro-req to FS process quick? Waiting on my FS letter...lol.

Congrats!!! and stay safe in Kuwait!
I was indeed a July select. My medical and security clearance was done prior to my package being submitted, that really helped speed up the process. I am very glad that I know when I will be going, now I just have to wait out Kuwait before I go to the real suck.

Thank you! I hope you get your letter soon.

USN1855

I have got a question...what is the security process? I understand ultimately its for a certain level of clearance, but what are they doing with it right now? By saying you had it done prior to your package, what did you do? I submitted my sf86 before the board and then was required to transfer sf86 info to a new version after the board. (I did that right away). But I definitely had the medical done prior. Just curious about the security part of it.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
I have got a question...what is the security process? I understand ultimately its for a certain level of clearance, but what are they doing with it right now? By saying you had it done prior to your package, what did you do? I submitted my sf86 before the board and then was required to transfer sf86 info to a new version after the board. (I did that right away). But I definitely had the medical done prior. Just curious about the security part of it.
I am enlisted, so my clearance was done in 2005 ish. I wish I could help you out more with your question but I would be guessing.

LET73

What exactly is your question about the security clearance process? Basically, you submit the form, they do the investigation, and after some period of time you are (hopefully) granted a security clearance. Someone who is prior enlisted and held a job that required a clearance would already have one, but someone new to the Navy will need to start the process along with all the other OCS paperwork.

HPFDrummer

Got my FS a couple weeks ago for this class!

23/M/Minneapolis
NFO
Civilian

About the security stuff...mine took about a month. After getting pro-rec'd and doing MEPS, the security form got submitted with the rest of the package. Then the FBI started interviewing me and a bunch of other people. After that was done it went to the board for FS. Like I said, it was about a month between the initial submission of the package and getting FS.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
Got my FS a couple weeks ago for this class!

23/M/Minneapolis
NFO
Civilian

About the security stuff...mine took about a month. After getting pro-rec'd and doing MEPS, the security form got submitted with the rest of the package. Then the FBI started interviewing me and a bunch of other people. After that was done it went to the board for FS. Like I said, it was about a month between the initial submission of the package and getting FS.
You driving to OCS?

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
Got my FS today!
24/M/Syracuse
SNA
Civilian
I will be driving. It's a pretty straightforward and easy drive from Syracuse. Looking forward to seeing everyone

app302

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
I was selected for this class. Was on the July board.

24 / M
Non Prior
Milwaukee, WI

Planning on driving.

Lindy

26/M/Fort Lauderdale
NFO
Non-Prior

Just got it today! Was thinking of taking my truck up there, but I don't want to bother with winterizing it and rather save the money. SO, what's happening with Christmas break for us? Week Four of Indoc phase is Christmas week. I have a hard time thinking they're going to let us go. I'm not sure if I want to go, you know? Just get there and get it done.

USN1855

22/F/San Jose, CA
SWO
Non-prior.

Just got the call. I am planning on driving. I dont mind helping anyone out with storage or what not...just be adviced...I own a Mini lol!

unbreakableskies

SNA December 02
25/F
SNA
Non Prior
Currently South FL but leaving from Panama City, FL

Prob going to fly but still considering driving if anyone else was on the fence.

I'm with you Lindy. Was hoping just to go straight through but that's okay. Little break for the body. I'm pretty sure you can stay but you have stuff to do. Most people I'm told go home.