• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01 JAN 2012?

gpcbsbll2

Hey guys,

I am BDCP and I graduate this December. About a month ago my OR told me that my OCS date is January 1, 2012, but when I talked to my processor, she said that was a dummy date and it meant that I was in a holding pattern. However, I called my processor back today and asked her if I had gotten a date, and she said that she called someone and verified that January 1, 2012 is the actual date. First, it seems weird to me that I would have to report on New Year's day. Is this normal? Second, I couldn't find any information on this forum about an OCS class date for January 1, 2012. Has anyone else had this problem in the past? Or does anyone else have January 1, 2o12 as their OCS date?

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
The CNRC website listed it as a class date, and it matches up with the other class starting dates being 3 weeks after it (22 Jan, 12 Feb, 4 Mar, 25 Mar, etc).

TJackson

I'm glad to hear that too. Originally I was slated to leave 18 Sep, then it got moved to 4 Dec, now I'm being told 1 Jan. I still don't have a copy of my orders yet, but I feel a little better that someone else is being told the same thing.

GrandFromage

That is correct, I am also BDCP and talked to the processor today. January 1 is our date and there isn't another class until January 22. I guess I will have a very sober New Years.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
My original class date was 01 Jan 2011, but was also told it was a placeholder. They do it often to get a large group of candidates into a couple-month timeframe and then start filling classes before and after it as needed, since things change between now and then and they shuffle candidates around as the "needs of the Navy" changes day-to-day. Interesting that they would actually have a class date on 01 Jan, as they usually are on exodus from OCS starting the weekend before Christmas until the weekend after New Years. A similar example was the 30 Oct and the 24 Oct classes coming up, with the 30th being the real class and the 24th a placeholder...guess you'll find out for sure once the time gets closer.

TJackson

I guess I will be seeing you in RI then. Are you driving?

I noticed your new profile picture. I actually graduated from Tech too (BSME '09 MSME '10). My wife and I have been living in MD for the past few months, but we'll be moving back to Atlanta before OCS. I'm flying out of Atl but am planning to have my car waiting in RI. I hear it can come in handy. Also, I got a packet from the recruiter's office with copies of my orders and they show 1 Jan 2012 so I'm really hoping it's a legitimate date.

zel

I was in the 09/18 class, pushed back to 12/04 (I even received an official letter with this date), and I just called this morning to my recruiting office and found out that while a letter does not exist (according to them, Command does not "re-do" letters), a memo does exist indicating that my date has been changed to 01/01/2012. The problem of parties and celebrations does not concern me so much as being able to procure transportation on a holiday weekend (New Year's Eve / New Year's Day).

GrandFromage

The Navy should provide you a plane ticket. I know I will already be up there for the weekend with my own vehicle. I was trying to start a facebook group for us but was unable (any of you guys more computer savvy?)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Either way...it's great, to be, a fuzzy bee. Welcome to the fleet fellow ramblin' wreck.

Phoenix289

API- Whiting for Primary
I graduated college back in June with BDCP and have had the January 1, 2012 date the whole time, basically a 6 month paid vacation which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. My OR keeps telling me that the first is the actual class date, but I hear there may be a stand down on New Years day which makes me think it would start within a day or two after. I'd drive if it was the summer, but no way am I taking a RWD car from California to the East Coast in January.

GrandFromage

The snow really isn't that bad...and we have something out here called snow removal. on the highways you wont have a problem. Unless we get a huge snow storm on December 30th, you would be fine driving.

TJackson

The Navy should provide you a plane ticket. I know I will already be up there for the weekend with my own vehicle. I was trying to start a facebook group for us but was unable (any of you guys more computer savvy?)

I started a facebook group named Navy OCS Class - 1 Jan 2012. I made it closed so you'll have to join to see posts.