• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ocs

1. M

Surgery AFTER MEPS

I completed MEPS and passed everything, including my vision test. After MEPS, I submitted documents for pterygium surgery I had for both of my eyes five years ago, and I am now waiting for the waiver to be approved. I'm pursuing a position as an SWO/NFO, and the board won't convene until July...
  2. A

Officer Program Recommendations

Recently looking into applying as a Officer in the Navy. I've been in communication with an officer recruiter. Here's the details: Age: 30 OAR: 42 02/20/2024 Degree: Bachelors of Science, Business Management (07/18/2023) - WGU, GPA: GPA was told to follow GPA from AA Degree which is 3.57 -...
  3. ethanr8

OCS Apply to OCS Before Graduation, Enlisted in CG

Hey guys, first time posting here. Really liking this forum so far, it’s super helpful. Don’t think this has been asked before on airwarriors: can you apply to Navy OCS before college graduation if you’re currently enlisted in another branch? I’m active duty USCG looking to go SWO, and I’d...
  4. Edge47

Need help with info for AD Army to Navy branch transfer

I was selected for the 5 Feb ocs date to be an sna. I’m currently active duty army and have my signed conditional release by an O6. But between my recruiter, officer processor and army hr techs. No one has an answer for what needs to happen for me to get out processed from the army to report to...
  5. G

OCS 1820 Application questions

I'm applying for the 1820 Information Professional program and would appreciate your insights. I'm currently an ITS2 and have been refining my qualifications to increase my chances of selection. I have three Letters of Recommendation from O-5 officers and will soon graduate with a Bachelor's in...
  6. johnnie254

Where to start? For (SWO-) IP

Currently enlisted here. So I've decided to start my package for OCS. Ultimately I'm aiming to being an IP officer, but due to my less-than-stellar GPA, I'm okay with going the SWO-IP route. I know that getting the important documents for ones package is a marathon in and of itself, but the...
  7. johnnie254

A "good" OAR score for IP (IW)

Hey all, I'm currently enlisted and starting my package for becoming an IP officer. I know that one of the things needed for the package is an OAR test score, but prior to me enlisting I wasn't the best student and graduated with a less-than-stellar GPA. Given the level in the IW community...
  8. cxhlxn

Path to Flying

Hey all, I'm new on this forum as I am expanding my reach for information regarding my current aim in my career. I am seeking advice that current and retired service members have regarding the following situation. For starters I will give my background, then where I am trying to go and lastly...
  9. Average Monke

OCS 03Nov2023 SNA/SNFO Board

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1enOeWErrZl8086QwvX-hRsfem3FmhlLswzPN-04zq_4/edit#gid=1471806922
  10. ElJefe392

OAR exam sign-ups

Hey everyone, I cannot believe I haven't heard of this website before. I'm really looking forward to utilizing the help and insight offered here from all of your experience. In the moment I am trying to find out how to sign up to take the OAR. From what I've read online, you have the option to...
  11. Pauulinaaa

Should I take Calculus?

Hello this is my first time posting so I apologize if this is the wrong thread. So currently I am in my first year at a college with no nrotc so right now my plan is to apply to ocs when the time comes. Some officer recruiters came to our school and recommended that I take calculus and I was...
  12. P

OCS 2022 OCR + Appendix B/C

Does anybody have a PDF of the current OCR dated 14 JUL 2022? Specifically Appendix B and C. I've seen them floating around but haven't been able to get my hands on one with my recruiter away on break (as he should be). It should be OTCNINST 1530.6M Also out of curiosity, does anyone know why...
  13. D

16APR2023 OCS Class

Hey everyone just started this post to connect with those that are going at the same time!
  14. W

Need clarification on OCS medical physicals

So you arrive at OCS and you do a medical exam. And then you do an exam with NAMI right after that. However, then you arrive in Pensacola, wait around for NIFE, THEN you do another exam with NAMI with another chance to potentially DQ? So you could wait around for a year to start flight school...
  15. R

Marine Corps NFO??

Hey guys, I recently got my duty orders for NAMI, and I have a quick question. The document says, "I fully acknowledge my duties as a Naval Flight Officer Candidate in the Marine Officer Program.". I am planning on commissioning as an SNA, not NFO. I thought the NFO role in the Marine Corps had...
  16. S

Starting a career in naval aviation. (Help)

Hello, I am a current prospective pilot who is hoping to fly for the Navy. I have been researching and I have found no clear answer between finishing college and obtaining a commission through OCS, or going into NROTC. I have finished my freshman year of college this past spring which makes me...
  17. E

Any advice for a late bloomer?

I am 28 years old. Got my life together a little late. Worked in the construction field for about 10 years out of high school. Recently went back to community college and got my AA. Just finished my BA in History with a 3.74. Accepted a funded position at the same school for a MA in History...
  18. D

29AUG2022 SWO BOARD

Greetings AWs, This will be my first time applying for OCS. I thought a thread for the August board would be helpful to start for those interested. AD: AWR1 / E-6 TIS: 9 years (waiver) OAR: 45 AGE: 33 (waiver) PRGM APPLYING FOR: SWO only UNDERGRAD: BS in Sociology, GPA 2.98 (Graduated in 2011...
  19. O

Switching branches before OCS

Hello, I am currently a rising senior in college, and have been accepted to Navy OCS as a swo select. I have started work recently with a Marine infantry officer who explained the Marine Corps and the mission to me and I am considering pursuing a commission to the USMC after college, despite my...
  20. A

OCS Past-life cumulative GPA

Long story short, I wasn't prepared for college when I was young and did magnificently poorly, like a 1.something GPA over 48 attempted credits poorly. A decade later I figured my life out, did some NCPACE course, had some JST courses accepted, and am graduating with a 3.93 GPA from Penn State...
  21. W

OCS How much do foreign contacts effect chances of becoming a student naval aviator?

This is my first time posting here so forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask. My best friend and roommate is from Nigeria, my parents grew up in Afghanistan, I still have family there like uncles and my grandma that I am still occasionally in contact with. My grandpa was a jet pilot in...
  22. O

Can you switch SWO to SNA?

Can you redesignate from SWO to SNA at navy OCS? Additionally, If I am already selected for SWO OCS June 2023, can I switch to SNA or reapply without giving up my class spot? Thanks all info is helpful.
  23. O

Best Ships and Homeports for OCS SWO??

Hello all, I have been selected to attend Navy OCS as a SWO after my upcoming graduation from college and I would like to know more about what ship is best for getting SWO pinned early, best experience as far as cool missions, duties, port calls and travel? Also, which homeports have the best...
  24. Highlander51

MECEP SNA: The Good and the Bad

If you are a prospective MECEP or currently on the program I'm writing this to help inform you of the process and of the decisions I made along the way that contributed greatly to getting my commission and my air contract. The MECEP Application Process: This process was a gut punch for me in a...
  25. brentstjac

How would you evaluate my application/scores?

I’m planning on applying for an aviation designation with an undergraduate degree in history from the University of Connecticut (3.4 GPA). I’m currently a paid firefighter and have volunteer experience and a range of extracurriculars and athletics. My ASTB scores are 65, 7, 5, 7. I’m aware that...
  26. Jreed

Reapplying to OCS

Hey guys and gals. Have a situation and some questions so I’ll just throw it out there, last year I was accepted into OCS and got a pilots spot, went to OCS in November of 2021. Ended up DORing, had some problems being away from family and my girlfriend and my pet and it was a bit too much...
  27. WannaFlyHigh

16 October 2022 OCS Class (05-23)

Didn’t see a thread for this class so made one.
  28. S

OCS Board Selection Process

This being my first post, I wanted to introduce myself. M25 - OAR: 43 Goal: NAVY SWO Community Bachelors Degree: 3.67 GPA Field: Sports Medicine 3 Letter of Recommendation: Navy Ret. Capt. Ret. Lt. Col - Army Ret. Lt. Col - Army 3 Character Reference: Employer Professor Chief Medical...
  29. O

OCS [M -24] B.S. - Mechanical Engineering w/ E.I.T.

So currently I am really considering a swap over to the military side and developing my career. To preface my experience and what my strong suits are I'd like to point out that I do not like design work (CAD / AutoDesk, Revit); I like to do technical related tasks such as the theoretical...
  30. C

14 August 2022 OCS Class

Hey everyone, I didn’t see an existing thread so I figured I’d start one for this class. Looking forward to seeing who else is going! I’m going for the CEC.
  31. Zequa

Any news on the 239/240 preselect board?

Haven't heard much at all about air contract selects, specifically from the west region. Wondering if anyone out there was selected? Some fishy things happened in my case, so just trying to gather info and get answers or find out if there were even air slots on this board for the west coast...
  32. C

Enlisted to OCS applicant help

I was hoping someone can help me with some information in order to begin my process. I am an AD2 and I am looking to put in for AMDO. I will be finishing my degree in 6 months in Aeronautical Science and I want to have my package put together and hopefully start my boards by the time I am done...
  33. T

Need Some Guidance with this package

Hello all, I'm an active duty E6 Intel guy applying for 1-Intel, 2-SWO, 3-IP. I started working on my application back in July and have sort of just been fumbling my way through this process. I recently found out about this site but there's so much here, it's kinda difficult keeping up...
  34. B

Paths to aviation officer as current serving Army officer?

Currently serving Army EOD officer here and I'm wondering what a possible path to being a pilot could be. I'm starting my fourth year and while I love EOD it is a bit of a dead end as the only real commands left would be an EOD company. I love EOD and wouldn't trade my time for anything but I...
  35. S

Finance Degree w/ Pilot Dreams

Hi all, I went to college and graduated with a 4.0 in Finance. I work in the Finance world but it's not what I thought it would be. I've always wanted to fly in the Navy and while I'm young the idea seems still very feasible. My first question is, does not having a STEM Degree set me back in...
  36. Yvan_eht_Nioj

Questions about NASIS

Hello AirWarriors! I have a few questions regarding filling out my NASIS; I hope this is an appropriate place to ask about it. I've lived in several places abroad over the last 7 years, and one of the locations is not listed as a selectable option in NASIS. For now, I have the entered in the...
  37. T

06 March 2022

Hey everyone, long time reader but first time poster here. I will be attending OCS on March 6th, 2022 as an NFO, so I figured I'd start a threat for this class date since I haven't seen another one yet. I'd love to start a group chat with anyone who will be in the class, excited to get to know yall!
  38. K

Odds of getting selected for SNA or SNFO? I am putting in for both.

Background: (26 years old) -ASTB Score 50 566 -7+ years in the Airforce National Guard as an Aircraft Mechanic. -NCO (E5) -Airman of the quarter -"Top Performer" in my Field -BS in Criminal Justice (3.67 GPA) -Private Pilot License with 59.9 hours of flight time -LORs: O5 (Current Commander), O5...
  39. Zequa

Not Selected, Seeking Insight.

The Selection board happened for OCS 238 and I wasn't selected for aviation, due to "decreasing aviation slots". Not here to waste your time, because there are many other posts on here from people from similar situations. Just seeking advice for what to improve on in hopes of getting selected on...
  40. A

13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board

Starting a thread for the upcoming 13 Sep 21 Supply Corps Board. Application deadline of August 6th. Feel free to interact and help each other out. -OCS Hopeful
  41. A

OCS submission question

This may be a dumb question, I’m currently active duty and my package is ready to submit, the 1420 says to send packages to officerapplications@navy.mil, but the PA says if you have a waiver to send it to CNRC PRB, but there is no address. My friend who recently commissioned remembers having to...
  42. T

USN Army Officer Transition to SNA

Hi all, I’m in need of some help. I’m currently an Army Officer (O2) and my time in the army ends next year by which time I’ll be an O3. I have a very strong desire to fly for the Navy but I am uncertain how that would look. I’ve passed all the initial screening for the Army as my dream was to...
  43. J

Order of OCS Packet Application

Hello all, A short brief of my current situation: I am currently active duty and stationed on a carrier that is about to deploy. I had my ASTB test scheduled before the deployment but unfortunately the deployment has moved up and I will not be able to take the ASTB before we go. I was hoping...
  44. G

CEC Application Process

I just recieved the news my waiver was accepted and I am medically approved. I am currently waiting for next steps for submitting a package to the CEC board. Does anyone has anyone gone through this process and can outline it or would be able to tell me if I need to prepare a resume or collect...
  45. V

N3M Waivers

Hi all, I'm currently working on my package for OCS, going for SWO and Intel, so far everything is all good with my OAR scores, etc. I went to MEPS yesterday and had no problems at all but found out while I was there that I was disqualified because of several diagnoses that the initial doctor...
  46. C

16AUG2021 SWO Board

May be jumping the gun on this thread. But it doesn't look like there is one. Please post stats and questions. Good luck everyone!
  47. D

Does anyone know the Active Duty Requirement of a Navy IP Officer (1820)?

Hi everyone, I have been accepted into OCS and though I had applied for Naval Intelligence, I was ultimately selected to be a Navy IP Officer. Since learning this, I have been reading up on everything I can to best prepare myself. My main question is, do Navy IP Officers have the option to...
  48. S

BUD/s Drop seeking information on going to OCS

Hello all, I enlisted in the Navy last year with the hopes of becoming a SEAL. Long story short, it did not work out the way I intended. Now I am on to my next goal; OCS. I seek to earn a commission in Intelligence. With that being said, I have a few questions. I have purchased an OAR study...
  49. cgross220

Aced the ASTB, what next?

Hey everyone, First off I wanted to say thanks to everyone who's posted and commented on here. As someone that's wanted to become a fighter pilot all my life, I've looked over this site for years and taken in invaluable information that has undoubtedly aided in my process this far and I'm sure...
  50. W

NAVAL OFFICER TO CIVILIAN LIFE

As a current college student I want to go through OCS and get out in 4 or 5 years. Is there a large market for good paying civilian jobs if I do SWO? I want to get into psychology or business later on in my life , what communities or jobs would be good to do in the navy?