• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

nrotc

1. S

Starting a career in naval aviation. (Help)

Hello, I am a current prospective pilot who is hoping to fly for the Navy. I have been researching and I have found no clear answer between finishing college and obtaining a commission through OCS, or going into NROTC. I have finished my freshman year of college this past spring which makes me...
  2. G

Service selection 2022

Hello, I’m currently a 1/C MIDN set to commission this coming December. My number 1 choice for service selection is Aviation and my true number 2 choice would be SWO(N). I’ve heard that a Tier one major with above a 2.75 GPA shouldn’t put nuclear options anywhere on their selection sheet unless...
  3. A

Application question?

So, I am in the middle of my junior year of high school and eager to apply for the NROTC scholarship. I am going to apply this summer so I can get on one of the earlier boards (I think this info is correct). At the end of my junior year, my only real leadership position will be Varsity Swim...
  4. A

Penn State NROTC

I am considering doing NROTC in college and my top choice would most likley be Penn State. Does anyone have experience with NROTC and maybe even specifically at Penn State.
  5. A

Would I make a good SWO??

I am currently a junior in high school and I know I want to be a Navy Officer. My best and favorite careers are STEM/Number related. So, I was thinking CW or IP. But, I found out that you cannot receive those commissions from NROTC. I am very academically smart and a good leader. Do you think...
  6. A

Can you recieve other commissions than the ones listed online?

I am a high school junior that wants to become a Naval Officer after college. I am very good with math and numbers. Pretty much STEM related careers. I noticed that on the website it doesn’t give the commission option of like a CW or an IP. So my main question is can you recieve those...
  7. H

USN SNFO/SNA re-des pre-commissioning

NROTC MIDN just got a SNFO slot. Put NFO second to SNA. Obviously very happy to not be a SWO but I had my heart set on pilot so there's definitely some disappointment. Wondering if anyone has experience or knows the chances on redesignating before commissioning. I figure there may be some way to...
  8. schwaack

Up-Screened for Naval Reactor Interview?

All, I’m a rising MIDN 1/C and I have done everything I can to be assigned aviator. I have a 7/8/8 ASTB, 3.8 GPA, 285 PRT, and have ranked in the top 5 for the past few semesters. I got an email today saying I up-screened for a naval reactor interview. Does this have any bearing on being...
  9. G

Possible to start NROTC at my college

Hello! My college only offers Army and Air Force ROTC at my college, Texas Christian University. I intend to do OCS after college but if NROTC was an option here I would jump right on it. I do not want to do ROTC for another branch and try to transfer to the Navy at the time of graduation...
  10. S

Concerns with ROTC

All, I'm a currently a high school junior who has been thinking quite some time about a career in the Navy with ROTC. However, like most high schoolers, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do or how long. Ever since I was little I always loved flying and I think it would amazing to go into...
  11. J

NROTC Chances (Here We Go Again)

Hi everyone I just submitted my application for the 4-year NROTC scholarship. I know there are a ton of these questions out there but I had a couple of other questions about this year's board. SAT:1320 (680 English 640 Math) ACT:30 (29 English 27 Math) GPA: 4.14 Class Rank 137/343 Intended...
  12. androgino

Service Assignment 2017

So my XO says that service assignments should be coming out earlier this year. Last year they came out on October 12th, and that was supposedly "late". Does anyone have an update? I'm so anxious.
  13. NHJK

NROTC vs. OCS for a low GPA college senior?

Currently heading into my 1/C year at the only State Maritime Academy that does not have an NROTC Battalion or cross-town option. Having opted out of the SSMP (Formerly "MMR") program due to their shortage of Active Component billets, I will graduate in June 2018 with a B.S. in Marine...
  14. BearDown18

Service Assigned Pilot After Nuke Interview?

Does anyone have information about NROTC midshipman who have been up-screened for the submarine community, then gone through the nuke interview and ended up getting Pilot as there service assignment? I have another year until service assignment with a 3.62 in Systems Engineering and I've been...
  15. G

Can you start a NROTC program?

Hello, Quick background, my question is in the second paragraph......I am a high school senior already committed to my number one college. This school has everything I was looking for in a college, except NROTC. Though this was not a necessity when I was picking my schools. I now know I want to...
  16. E

USN Is Tier 3 College Program even possible?

I'm hearing a ton of talk about how the College Program is going to get cutbacks in Advance Standings and how Sideloads are near impossible to get; and if a Tier I or II can't get a Advance Standing or Sideload, then a Tier III Midshipman has no chance. On the other hand, I've also heard a lot...
  17. E

USN Choosing job after NROTC

Hello Air Warriors, My name is Eric and I am just starting my junior year of high school. I am extremely interested in becoming a Navy NFO through the NROTC program. My question is, how are jobs chosen after NROTC? Do you get whatever job you want if you are qualified for it, is it assigned...
  18. E

USN Headache Waiver for Navy NFO

Hello Air Warriors, My name is Eric and I am just starting my junior year in high school. I am extremely interested in becoming a Navy NFO through an NROTC program. I think that I can pass all aspects of the flight physical except that there may be a problem with one thing...a few years ago I...
  19. E

USN Questions about becoming a Navy NFO through NROTC

Hello Air Warriors, My name is Eric and I am just starting my junior year of high school. I am extremely interested in becoming a Navy NFO through the NROTC program. I would like to be a pilot, but unfortunately for me my distance vision isn't that great, and I hear that it is usually better...
  20. Zamerica

NROTC Pilot Selction Rate

Hello Everyone, I was wondering about the selection rate for aviators in NROTC. Some AFROTC detachments post their selection rates, but I can't kind any NROTC post that do that. Thanks and God Bless!
  21. W

NFO ASTB and GPA

Hey all, I'm a rising senior in NRTOC at a Big Ten school with a 2.9 GPA in a tier 2 major with a 54 7/6/7 on the ASTB-E. I'm trying to go NFO and have been searching through various forums and haven't found many recent ASTB scores and GPAs that got people into flight school. I understand...
  22. Future Pilot619

Changed My Mind From Joining USMC to Joining USN

Hey everyone! So this may sound odd, but I have decided to try and become an officer in the Navy instead of being an officer in the Marine Corps. I was researching what is favorable to the selection boards in NROTC units for mid's that want to become Naval Aviator's and how/when to go about...
  23. Future Pilot619

Interested In Becoming a pilot for the USMC through NROTC

Hello all! I just made an account on this awesome site and had some very important questions to ask. I am currently a Junior in high school(about to be a senior) and I have been thinking about joining the military, I am a Navy brat who's interested in flying for the military. I have decided to...
  24. C

NROTC Prior Active Duty

Im an active duty E-5, and my EAOS in June 2017. I plan on getting out at my EAOS and Joining a NROTC program. I want to use my Post 9/11 GI Bill, and receive the housing benefits, so I don't necessarily need a scholarship now. would I be better off applying for the scholarship? or count on...
  25. Nick Termini

Change of Option to Marine Option for Aviation Contract

I am currently an NROTC Navy Option Midshipman 3/C on scholarship hoping to switch to Marine Option to get a flight contract. I've been told there are only 5 slots nationwide for such a switch, making it quite competitive, but I know the Marine Corps is looking for pilots so a good set of ASTB...