• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

jets

1. A

EMFP and AVIATION CAREER

I am currently a student in Meridian who’s wife is going through medical issues - and will be applying for the EMFA(not by choice). Is this going to greatly affect my career once I hit the fleet squadron? I would like to make the military a career. The only benefits I can see coming from this...
  2. T

Aviation Warfare Transition

Howdy, Long time lurker, first time poster. I just made HAC in the HSM world with about 15 months out until PRD. The warfare transition has always been an option in the back of my mind. I was wondering if the AW community could answer some questions or point me in the right direction. I...
  3. M

Modern E-2, aviator perspective please!

In primary, close to selection, currently severely lacking on modern E-2 info, trying to figure out for selection purposes (want jets but... yah know). So I was hoping to get a modern view on the following info, as all I can find is years old at this point, especially considering transition to...
  4. M

The percentage of students that get jets.

Disclaimer: I am not in the navy or any service as a pilot/aviator I have been lurking on these forums for a while while doing research on piloting careers and I came across several threads where someone asks about the percentage of students that get jets. Everyone without fail responds 42%. I...
  5. Gerardo Charles

Uncorrected Vision Influence on Specialization

So my vision is 20/25 and correctable to 20/20. I already got a pilot slot and I know that I am physically qualified to pilot anything in the Navy, but my question is this: will my vision ever play factor during the selection process after basic training? I just have a hard time believing they...
  6. D

USMC Good enough for Marine fighter pilot?

So I'm a prior service Marine and got a 73, 9/9/9 on the ASTB, graduated at the top of my class with a degree in mechanical engineering and had a GPA of 3.95. There's more I could put academically but that's the gist of my academic caliber. I'm in good shape, but my run time could be better...
  7. C

Weight waiver for jets? (underweight)

I will be going down to Pensacola this August to begin flight school as an SNFO. I am not currently qualified for jets because I do not meet the minimum weight requirement for an ejection seat. However, I was told by an LT that it may be possible to obtain a weight waiver as long as I weigh over...