• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

intel

1. A

Officer Program Recommendations

Recently looking into applying as a Officer in the Navy. I've been in communication with an officer recruiter. Here's the details: Age: 30 OAR: 42 02/20/2024 Degree: Bachelors of Science, Business Management (07/18/2023) - WGU, GPA: GPA was told to follow GPA from AA Degree which is 3.57 -...
  2. I

Looking for 1830s for interview

Good day everyone, I am stationed at a command where there are absolutely 0 1830 officers, but I need an interview in order to apply for the designator. Unfortunately, every officer that acts as a resource for finding these interviews is on extended leave and I don't necessarily have the time...
  3. E

Competitiveness for Intel

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, I actually heard about it through my recruiter I am currently a Junior in college studying for a double Major in Finance and Accounting GPA: 3.43 Age: 20 Sex: Male Leadership Experience: I pioneered the start up of a fraternity at my school and served a full two...
  4. J

Where to redesignate after NPQed for aviation?

I’m currently at OCS and unfortunately I have been NPQed for pilot for having signs of an eye disease. Soon, I will be sending out requests to redesignate to other communities. Right now, I’m most interested in Intel, although I’m also considering Crypto, PAO, and Supply. Is there anyone who...
  5. C

SWO to IW/Intel

I am currently preparing my package for the SWO board. I am a criminal Justice major graduating in may. My first choice would be Intel but I am right below the GPA requirement. I have kept a 3.5 the last 2 years, but my very poor grades my first 2 years are holding me back. While I don’t mind...
  6. C

13FEB2023 INTEL BOARD

Getting this thread started now that we are just a couple of weeks away from the submission deadline! Hopefully there are some other people floating around out there. Here are my stats: Sex: M Age: 22 OAR: 63 GPA: 3.65 Major: dual international politics/finance
  7. A

OCS Past-life cumulative GPA

Long story short, I wasn't prepared for college when I was young and did magnificently poorly, like a 1.something GPA over 48 attempted credits poorly. A decade later I figured my life out, did some NCPACE course, had some JST courses accepted, and am graduating with a 3.93 GPA from Penn State...
  8. B

SWO vs. Intel?

I've gone back and forth trying to decide between the two and would love some feedback from anyone who is willing to give it. I believe that my longterm goals are related to the intelligence community at large, however, I don't feel like I know enough about either community (SWO or intel) to...
  9. A

OCS IWC designator TIS reqs

I am graduating this December with a 3.9 GPA via Penn state in security and risk analysis. I’m an active duty CT (8 years TIS march of ‘23) and was hoping the TIS for 1810 would be extended this last revision. Seeing the new rev has not extended the TIS maximum and that 1830 has added their own...
  10. WannaFlyHigh

16 October 2022 OCS Class (05-23)

Didn’t see a thread for this class so made one.
  11. T

Need Some Guidance with this package

Hello all, I'm an active duty E6 Intel guy applying for 1-Intel, 2-SWO, 3-IP. I started working on my application back in July and have sort of just been fumbling my way through this process. I recently found out about this site but there's so much here, it's kinda difficult keeping up...
  12. S

BUD/s Drop seeking information on going to OCS

Hello all, I enlisted in the Navy last year with the hopes of becoming a SEAL. Long story short, it did not work out the way I intended. Now I am on to my next goal; OCS. I seek to earn a commission in Intelligence. With that being said, I have a few questions. I have purchased an OAR study...
  13. M

Officer interviews for ocs

Hey everyone. I'm about to start getting my package together for intel o and had some questions. I'm prior enlisted and have put in a package in 2017, for NFO and didnt get selected. I aged out of NFO and am now trying for Intel O and Crypto. My question is, can I reuse my interviews even though...
  14. E

Application did not get a "read receipt"

I'm an active duty E6 applying to OCS for 1810 and 1830. I completed my package and sent the PDF to officerapplications@navy.mil. In the FAQ on the Navy's OCS page it says if you do not receive a "confirmation of receipt" to send the email again and also email ocsquestions@navy.mil. I did, and...
  15. Hail_HYDRA!

USN Don't judge your value by your proximity to the target

Just came across an incredible article entitled "Don't judge your value by your proximity to the target" that I believe is most appropriate to our community, heck all communities of support professionals, as we are the expert IW support cadre providing critical IW capabilities to the warfighter...
  16. SickEmergency

Forced To Choose Early

I’m assuming someone else out there has had this happen to them or knows what to do in my situation. My second choice SWO approved me and gave me a leave date for April 14th. My first choice INTEL won’t be posting results until the end of April. Obviously there’s a timing issues here. Do I...
  17. F

Top Secret Security Clearance for Specific Community

I am planning to apply to become a commissioned officer in Intel soon. Are Intel officer candidates required to obtain a TS security clearance or just a regular security clearance in order to get accepted? If TS is required, what is the process like? (Ie: how long does it take, how to prepare...
  18. Z

OCS Navy Intel Chances

Hello everyone! I was wondering what are my chances of being picked up for Intel. My stats are as follows: 24 year old male 3.66 GPA for bachelors degree (UVA & a CC) Major: Government 52 OAR score LOR: 1) A U.S. Congressman 2) My former boss Leadership experience: Was promoted to deputy...
  19. Hail_HYDRA!

Information being weapon of choice

Interesting read: https://www.c4isrnet.com/it-networks/2018/02/07/navys-new-weapon-of-choice-information/
  20. BlueDacnis

4 DEC 17 IWC Board

Apologies if this has already been created; I searched for it everywhere and couldn't find it. Figured people would like to gather and panic together. Checking in.. Had my packet done in mid October. Now we play the waiting game..
  21. F

SWO-IDC options?

Hi everyone! I noticed in the most recent board schedule posted there is "SWO-IDC options" included in the Intel board. So I was trying to find more information on this because when I asked my recruiter, he had never heard of it and didn't think it was a thing. From what I have found just...
  22. C

Seeking Intel Officer for interview

Working on my OCS application and my recruiter is having a hard time finding an Intel officer to conduct my interview. He suggested I try this forum to try and reach out. I live in Northwest, GA about an hour and a half from Atlanta but travel is not a problem. Any suggestions would be greatly...
  23. jtorres

Likelihood of lateral transfer success: RL(Intel) to URL(Seal)

I originally wanted to apply for the SEAL officer program, but there were a few obstacles that I failed to navigate through. I understood the package was due by the last week of February 2017, and I knew that one of the most significant pieces of the package is the PFT. That said, my last...
  24. FirstGenNavy

Recruiters: Question about DOR

I have a question for former and current Navy officer recruiters. My dream has always been to serve in the Navy. I was recently offered a commission as an intelligence officer, however, three weeks into Officer Candidate School, I dropped on request. Without going into much detail, my...
  25. zack13usa

OCS Poll- March '16 IDC Board Applicants

Hi all, Now that we're almost a week away, here's an extended version for the upcoming IDC board thread ( posted for 03/07/2016 date) Which designators are you applying for? and what is your background?
  26. zack13usa

OCS March '16 IDC Board

Hi all, I'm creating this thread for those who applied or planning to apply for March 7 IDC board. I missed the previous Dec' 15 board due to missing transcript Feel free to check in here
  27. B

Intel/Supply Chances

Hey everyone. I'd really appreciate your thoughts on my chances at either Intel or Supply and what kind of scores I need to make on the ASTB/OAR. My recruiter says I'll be competitive but I'd like to get a more definite sense. UnderGrad GPA: 3.338 (University of Texas) Law School GPA: 3.13...
  28. cottrouble

OCS A whole lot of questions about OCS from a non-prior

Quickly, here’s my background: Political science undergraduate (BS) from a well-known state school (think UCLA, Ohio State), worked my way through school, 3.1 GPA Went to work for Fortune 500 company, ranked 9th most promising co. in America by Forbes. Started as a consultant, moved up into two...
  29. zack13usa

NEWS Mid-Nov 2015 IDC Rolling Board

I heard from my OR and Processing officer that an IDC rolling board predicted to take place around Mid Nov 2015. Stay put for more in the coming days prior to the board being convened.
  30. zack13usa

OCS DLPT Scores for Intel and IW

Going through the official NavyCS website, Intel applicant language skills should be quantified by a minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) score of 2/2/2 Read more at: https://www.navycs.com/officer/intelligenceofficer.html OPIs, Observations/ Questions: If DLPT scores boosts...