• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

flight school

1. P

Shoemaker Scholarship to get masters at NPS prior to Pensacola?

I got selected for SNFO, graduating '24, and my CO forwarded me an email where they are letting 23 NROTC aviation graduates go to NPS in Monterey CA to get a masters prior to going to Pensacola. All of the programs seem to be about 18-24 months long. My CO mentioned that if I decide to go this...
  2. J

Anxiety Attacks-Possible NPQ

Hey everybody. This is my first post, so I will try to make this short and sweet (emphasis on try). I am currently in the Primary portion of flight school with 6 years prior service as an aircrewman and just passed my 1 year mark since commissioning. This past week I have been experiencing...
  3. Highlander51

First Duty Station

For all the current and former marine SNAs and NFOs, what did your duty station selection process look like after winging? Did you have any say in where you went or did you get the old "needs of the Corps" line that we've all heard? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect after flight...
  4. mcneillaviation

What were the steps to becoming a naval aviator?

I’m trying to create a list of the steps that people have taken to become a naval aviator. While becoming an aviator may not be something you can just turn into a list, if anyone is able to kinda turn their journey into a list, I would love to hear it. So far, I’ve written down: 1. private...
  5. Ventus

What did you struggle with? Top causes of washouts?

I'd like to pose this question to Instructor Pilots or anyone in the know. What are the top reasons for failures or washouts in flight school? I know I shouldn't be "planning for failure" or anything like that. I'd just like to see if any of the reasons are things I can strengthen before I...
  6. H

Navy Career In Flight Ops/Aviation?

Hi All, 26 y/o here who is seriously considering joining the Navy as an officer. I went to college and currently work in the defense industry and have had this urge to serve in the military for a few years now. I keep putting it off and now I think I’m too old to do what I’d like to but not...
  7. V

Questions regarding ways to get bachelor degree in flight, and also what schools do you think is best to go to in Virginia and more....

So as you have read in the title, I am looking to go to school to get a bachelors in flight, because I hear that that is a really great way to get ahead of the game when trying to get in with a fighter pilot slot in mind; I also realize that the needs of the Airforce come before my desires. I...
  8. Aceleo

USN Age problem with flight school

Hi all, Due to some issues with depth perception and getting a LASIK afterward (6-month wait), my application for SNA was delayed about 2 years. But now I am almost ready. Soon I will be submitting my OCS packet for April 2nd board. I am only applying for SNA(Pilot). My scores are 55/7/7/6...
  9. E

USN Questions about becoming a Navy NFO through NROTC

Hello Air Warriors, My name is Eric and I am just starting my junior year of high school. I am extremely interested in becoming a Navy NFO through the NROTC program. I would like to be a pilot, but unfortunately for me my distance vision isn't that great, and I hear that it is usually better...
  10. D

Any branch that has cut off age for flight school after 27?

So I just talked with a Navy Officer recruiter and found out I am ineligible to apply for flight school with the Navy because the cut off age is before 27 and I just turned 27. They are not taking age waivers either anymore even for prior enlisted. Currently I am serving in the reserves as well...
  11. C

Weight waiver for jets? (underweight)

I will be going down to Pensacola this August to begin flight school as an SNFO. I am not currently qualified for jets because I do not meet the minimum weight requirement for an ejection seat. However, I was told by an LT that it may be possible to obtain a weight waiver as long as I weigh over...
  12. BPeterson93

USN Qualifying scores in Flight Training?

Most everybody wants to fly jets, and understandably so. My question is this: does anybody know what the scores or percentiles, in regards to performance, are to qualify to fly jets? Helos? Cargo? Etc. I've not begun OCS yet, but I prefer to have some tangible goals in mind (aside from 'be the...