• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

astb-e results

1. Zequa

Retake the ASTB if already passed?

I've passed the ASTB with 47 6/8/7, OAR, AQR, PFAR, FOFAR and wasn't selected for this last board. There is room for improvement, so I'm wondering if it's worth the risk to retake the ASTB in hopes of raising scores or if that territory is hot water in the successive times you take the test. I...
  2. Sestix

Thoughts on score, retake or not?

Took the ASTB a few months ago with a Marine OSO but I am wanting to go Navy. Wasn't fully prepared for it but don't think I did horrible. A lot of people say the OAR doesn't matter on here for aviation which is the route I'd be going. OSO said I had good scores and thinks it would be fine for...
  3. L

ASTB Scores

Hello all, relatively new to this site so it was a bit of a hassle to try and figure out how to post. However, I wanted to make a post concerning my ASTB scores. I have taken them twice already and my scores came out to be a 42, 3/4/4. I have read a lot about having your AQR, PFAR and FOFAR...
  4. J

ASTB performance.

I took the ASTB today for the first time and got a 50 4/3/3. I did poorly on the UAV portion. That part was particularly frustrating because I was taken aback by how many turned out to be wrong. I wasn’t told about that portion. I also did poorly on the trailing section because to go up/down...
  5. R

ASTB-E Scores SNA

Just retook the ASTB-E and here are the results: Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR): 52 Academic Qualification Rating (AQR): 7 Pilot Flight Officer Rating (PFAR): 8 Naval Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating (FOFAR): 7 Are these scores competitive for SNA? I'm looking at applying for the first...
  6. socalsomeday

Path to becoming a pilot

This is my first post here so please bare with me. I am aiming to commission through OCS as a pilot. I took the ASTB yesterday (59 6/5/7). My recruiter said that, unfortunately, the mimimums for SNA were recently upped and I am one point short (6/6/X). Since this was my second ASTB, he...
  7. W

NFO ASTB and GPA

Hey all, I'm a rising senior in NRTOC at a Big Ten school with a 2.9 GPA in a tier 2 major with a 54 7/6/7 on the ASTB-E. I'm trying to go NFO and have been searching through various forums and haven't found many recent ASTB scores and GPAs that got people into flight school. I understand...
  8. H

I know no one can know for sure but...

I recently put in my packet for Navy OCS and the board for Naval Aviators meets the beginning of May. I know that no one can guess the outcome of the board but I just wondered what you all think my chances are. My info is as follows: ASTB-E OAR 64 PFAR: 9 AQR: 8 FOFAR: 7 College GPA: 3.79...