• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

application

1. ethanr8

OCS Apply to OCS Before Graduation, Enlisted in CG

Hey guys, first time posting here. Really liking this forum so far, it’s super helpful. Don’t think this has been asked before on airwarriors: can you apply to Navy OCS before college graduation if you’re currently enlisted in another branch? I’m active duty USCG looking to go SWO, and I’d...
  2. J

Applying to multiple branches to commission

I am interested in two different programs in two different branches. They each have overlap in terms of the 'doing the job'. One is in the Air Force and the other is in the Navy. This is for Navy OCS and Air Force OTS applications as a civilian. My Navy application is already submitted. Both...
  3. B

How would you evaluate my application/scores?

I’m planning on applying for an aviation designation with an undergraduate degree in history from the University of Connecticut (3.4 GPA). I’m currently a paid firefighter and have volunteer experience and a range of extracurriculars and athletics. My ASTB scores are 65, 7, 5, 7. I’m aware that...
  4. Verity760

OCS Application Test Scores Question AQT

Hello everyone, possibly a dumb question here. I looked around on this site and google and couldn't find a definitive answer, but for those who have completed the OCS Application, on the "Testing Scores" section (18), on the second column there is a score section for "AQT," which after googling...
  5. E

IWC Board Canceled, but package was already recieved.

I applied for the September IWC board, my package was received and I was "medically cleared" to participate in the board. The board however, was subsequently cancelled and pushed to the already scheduled date of 04DEC2019 with a package due date of 18OCT2019. By that time I will have a new EVAL...
  6. D

NAVY RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER PROGRAMS (N31) PORTAL SITE

ALCON, Below is a link to the Navy Recruiting Command's portal site; CAC Card required. Please make sure you select your "DOD EMAIL" certificate to gain access. https://mpte.navy.deps.mil/sites/nrc/n3/n31/SitePages/Home.aspx It is updated weekly and will help you stay up to date on any...
  7. StephenCanDo

OCS Advice and Expectation

I plan on applying for NFO position and have the following pros and cons Pros: Significant Extra-curriculars in academic programs, non-profits and Community Service projects. Strong work experience on resume at a Law Firm and local college as a Speech and Debate Coach. Athletic and exercise...
  8. xcinman

OCS What can I do to better set myself up for the application process?

What can I do to personally set myself up for a better chance to gain acceptance into OCS based on what I have done with myself thus far in my life. My interest is in Aviation, or potentially Intel. I am not dead set on a branch, so any advice there would be nice! While I know that there are...
  9. K

Withdrew OCS nomination

Last year I was accepted to OCS as a SNA and given a start date. This came after lengthy waiver processes for my eyes and depth perception (after failing at MEPS). Flying was my dream, so I went to a handful of doctors to get their opinions on my eyes and almost all of them said I wouldn't have...
  10. Intel101

OCS Additonal documents after application submission.

Does NRC allow additional LORS/awards to be sent after you already submitted application prior to board commencing?
  11. Dangle

Question regarding contact lens and waivers

I am sorry if there was a previous thread on this topic, I tried to search but was not quite satisfied with what I had read and I am in a bit of a panic mode. I will be getting LASIK this weekend, and I have been working with my recruiter on making sure I cover all my bases before having the...
  12. C

OCS Application Timeline

Hi everyone, I just had a quick question as to what an average "timeline/step-by-step" would look like, from the very beginning to when you actually go to OCS. I've met with a recruiter, and they asked me basic questions about what I'd be interested in doing, and why I'm joining etc. I then...