• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

USC6217

I've searched all around the internet and on here. I've had 3 different recruiters SINCE being selected and haven't even met my new one yet but I have a question.

How long is a board selection good for?

I know in the when you enlist in the Marines you have a year to ship from MEPS unless you're still a junior in High School, then you get a year plus 45 days (I did a year and 19 days). Does anyone have any more information on this? I'll even take a link pointing me in the right direction to figure it out if needed. The biggest reason for this is because I was selected in the July board in 2017 and if it's only good for a year, will I get expedited and ship faster (hopefully) or does it not really make much of a difference. Thanks for any help!

Ejalit

I contacted my recruiter about possibly getting an earlier class, and the soonest they could get me out was 12 Aug as well.
Yeah that sounds about right. You can contact them and ask to be put on a sort of wait list for people who drop out short notice in the classes between now and then but there’s no guarantee a spot will open up.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Fingers crossed so hard lol. Would be nice to silence my boss with his petty BS talking about "counting on having me through December." He's detached from reality, won't listen to me, and in denial that his hardest worker is leaving. ?‍♀️

Sounds like my manager before I went in the Navy, I need this weekend off request to her, “ Nope can’t hsve it off” I said I’ll quit if I can’t have it off, “ No you won’t” I said I’m giving you my two day notice, I’m quitting today was my answer. ?

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Sounds like my manager before I went in the Navy, I need this weekend off request to her, “ Nope can’t hsve it off” I said I’ll quit if I can’t have it off, “ No you won’t” I said I’m giving you my two day notice, I’m quitting today was my answer. ?
He is exactly like this lol. If I hadn't asked off months ago, before he knew about the navy (before I even had a PROREC), to have off for a week to go on a cruise with my mom at the end of June, he would never have granted it. As it is, I might just put in notice before I leave for it if I have OCS right when I get back haha. Then they would just owe me in money my PTO I have racked up (4 hours every pay period :D)

not_the_lasagna

pilot

I absolutely can't wait to burn bridges and never work in a restaurant again in my godforsaken life. Personally, I can't wait for PT at 5 in the morning and all the other BS at OCS. There is no way that ANYTHING in the Navy is more soul draining than being a slave to the register. (knock on wood.) On my last day when my manager tells me to clean the fryer I wanna tell her she can suck the grease off the wall through her teeth.

That's my fantasy, anyway. I'm just mostly drunk and excited that my OR told me I'm outta here July 1st.

I absolutely can't wait to burn bridges and never work in a restaurant again in my godforsaken life. Personally, I can't wait for PT at 5 in the morning and all the other BS at OCS. There is no way that ANYTHING in the Navy is more soul draining than being a slave to the register. (knock on wood.) On my last day when my manager tells me to clean the fryer I wanna tell her she can suck the grease off the wall through her teeth.

That's my fantasy, anyway. I'm just mostly drunk and excited that my OR told me I'm outta here July 1st.
As an active duty Sailor of 5+ years and someone that came from the fast food industry, the military has been a more awarding and awesome job! I’ve now been promoted 3 times first time, something that would’ve never happened at previous jobs. All I gotta say is burn that bridge down, just don’t forget where you came from.