• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Just got a G1-style jacket Dark Horse Leather out the main gate of Osan AB. After looking carefully (everyone has heard of Osan jackets), Dark Horse and Oxford are the best ones for Navy/Marine Corps style leather jackets. Both have the zip out liner and the blood chit inside along with pockets for your hands and multiple pockets on the inside. Both are genuine leather. Oxford seemed to only sell you a jacket off the shelf though, whereas Dark Horse takes your measurements and custom makes the jacket to fit you (only took them 3 days). The blood chit in Dark Horse looks a little more authentic, and they stitch your name on the inside. Both companies run about $200-220 for the jackets and do a ton of online business. Well worth it compared to my issued one I'd been wearing for the past 7 years.

I got mine from Oxford and it was custom made. He even had several different types of collar fur to choose from. I think they will do everything else you listed as well. The side pockets in the Osan versions are 100 times better than the issued ones.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Every once in awhile, you’ll see an old Marine or Navy Officer where one. Pretty infrequent though, and they are 06/O7’s.