• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Former Hornet Driver Flies Cross country In Cessna 172 for Fox News

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Not really current news (Mod feel free to move) - This was 4 years ago - but just saw it none the less. Who knew there was so much celebrity potential in the Hornet community!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3718851171001/?#sp=show-clips

Lea-flight-jacket.jpg

Last edited:

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Did it in a C-12 once and came back the next day. Thanks but no thanks. I can’t imagine doing it in a C-172. Woof.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Details please . . .
She ended her Navy career as an Intel O. I don't know exactly why...she was a 97 Academy grad, so even my Skipper is too young to know very many details. We actually talked about her yesterday while I was on duty because she was on FOX talking about the shut down.

Fact: She is extremely good looking.

Last edited:

robav8r

None
Contributor
She ended her Navy career as an Intel O. I don't know exactly why...she was a 97 Academy grad, so even my Skipper is too young to know very many details. We actually talked about her yesterday while I was on duty yesterday because she was on FOX talking about the shut down.
Flying skills on & around the boat?

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Flying skills on & around the boat?
I don't know many details, but a former skipper of mine was in her airwing as a JO. He didn't seem to care for her personally and the feeling I got was that she was a liability around the ship (and potentially just in a jet in general). As was eluded to, the old Pilot to Intel lat transfer is generally not by choice.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Did it in a C-12 once and came back the next day. Thanks but no thanks. I can’t imagine doing it in a C-172. Woof.
I did it in a slower aircraft, a Bowers Fly Baby...best flying trip I have ever had, hands down. Real flying, cool little airports, constant need for solid airmanship.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I don't know many details, but a former skipper of mine was in her airwing as a JO. He didn't seem to care for her personally and the feeling I got was that she was a liability around the ship (and potentially just in a jet in general). As was eluded to, the old Pilot to Intel lat transfer is generally not by choice.
I’ve known several women who were a “liability” around the ship / command, doesn’t mean they were shitty aviators though. Sounds like she could have been both however. . . . . .