• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

mke07

Nah, don't worry. The politicians will settle on a funding plan and business will proceed as normal.
Well they're not even paying military personnel now so I can't help but be just a little skeptical. Neither side seems like they're looking to make any concessions in the near future so we'll see.

D

Deleted member 66584

Well they're not even paying military personnel now so I can't help but be just a little skeptical. Neither side seems like they're looking to make any concessions in the near future so we'll see.

I've been through a few of these non officially funded periods, and things generally work out ok. I'm here in Kuwait currently, and I personally watched the Airforce and Marines conducting aviation operations yesterday and today. The green machines doesn't just grind to a halt. In 2009 when I was on active duty, we actually did go through half a pay cycle without being paid, but we were reimbursed shortly afterward. My point is that this isn't the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last. Let's hope we're all commissioned the next time it happens! Whoo hoo!

Zumbahnhof

I wanna go fast
pilot
Contributor
Checking in (better late than never, right?)

GPA: 3.49
Major: BS in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
ASTB: 69 9/9/9
Applying for SNA

Good luck everyone! Hope this shutdown gets sorted out before the 7th.

not_the_lasagna

pilot
giphy.gif

We're all doomed

mke07

So anyone else is welcome to confirm this, but I got word from my recruiter and the auto select period is in fact legit.