• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
For today, wearing my railroad grade 23j Waltham Vanguard 1908 with winding indicator...while I'm doing some recommended nomenclature studying for the upcoming introduction to watchmaking class at the AWCI headquarters in Cincinnati (Harrison), Ohio...

IMG_9345.JPG

IMG_9348.JPG

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wearing vintage family Hamiltons today...Ross from my Dad and railroad grade 992 from my Uncle Jim...the studying for watchmaking class in March continues...

964D80EF-0982-47BB-8FD9-14C33C141F0C.jpeg

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 18006 Speedy Tuesday. On the floor in Narita where we are spending a good chunk of our vacay after a solid 3 inches of snow...

Next time spring for a lounge pass If you’ve got a long delay... you can usually find deals online making them cheap. If they come with an associated time limit the trick is moving positions around the lounge to extend your stay (staff won’t usually notice).

I never used to be a lounge goer until I was traveling with one of my buddies at my last job. Such a world of difference in comfort sitting waiting for a flight and I’ve yet to encounter a lounge fee that I couldn’t break even on by consuming complimentary food and booze.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Zippy,
We've got all the platinums and preferred cards, with the chaos and all the displaced masses last night the best we could do it was to grab couple of chuhai strongs and try to sleep on the floor with 5k of our new friends...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Zippy,
We've got all the platinums and preferred cards, with the chaos and all the displaced masses last night the best we could do it was to grab couple of chuhai strongs and try to sleep on the floor with 5k of our new friends...

Reminds me of a port call I had in Spain one time.

Never anchor out.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never anchor out.
Phuket: A full duty section, ship’s company and air wing both, gets stuck on board with no liberty boats for the entire freaking port call, after NCIS allegedly discovers a plot amongst the cab drivers to take Sailors places they didn’t ask to go and rob them. Oh, yeah, that’s also the first time I saw “Glenn Defense Marine” on the side of a liberty boat. :confused:

Naples: Liberty boat full of at-least-half-drunk Sailors, including your humble correspondent and associated liberty buddies, takes a massive-ass roll that I swear was close to whatever would make said boat capsize. Really wasn’t interested in taking “see Rome and die” literally, mille grazie . . .

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Phuket: A full duty section, ship’s company and air wing both, gets stuck on board with no liberty boats for the entire freaking port call, after NCIS allegedly discovers a plot amongst the cab drivers to take Sailors places they didn’t ask to go and rob them. Oh, yeah, that’s also the first time I saw “Glenn Defense Marine” on the side of a liberty boat. :confused:

Naples: Liberty boat full of at-least-half-drunk Sailors, including your humble correspondent and associated liberty buddies, takes a massive-ass roll that I swear was close to whatever would make said boat capsize. Really wasn’t interested in taking “see Rome and die” literally, mille grazie . . .

Cartagena, Spain. Get back from the admin early to sleep it off before duty the next day and find 4,000 people stuck on the pier due to high seas that broke the stern dock on the Boat. Get immediately drafted for shore patrol by the sister squadron's XO. Proceed to stand 18 hours of shore patrol in what resembles a refugee camp, whilst hungover, with sailors drunk, puking, and/or attempting to shtoop behind the shipping containers on the pier. Get back to the ship an hour after the originally scheduled duty starts, only to have your name called out on the 1MC to report for duty the second after you hit the rack after approximately 36 hours without sleep.

Yeah, Cartagena was fun. Until it wasn't.

Never. Anchor. Out.

Back to watches! :cool: