• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Splash one SU-22 (merged threads)

jmcquate

Contributor
No one knows (or maybe some of you do) at what perimeters this heat shot was taken. Bottom line, the target was eliminated, mission accomplished. As for tac-air against alien giant round things.......well let's hope we have an intellect like Jeff Goldblum giving the PowerPoint.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Something about a butterfly flapping its wings and some frog DNA made the first missile miss.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
No one knows (or maybe some of you do) at what perimeters this heat shot was taken. Bottom line, the target was eliminated, mission accomplished. As for tac-air against alien giant round things.......well let's hope we have an intellect like Jeff Goldblum giving the PowerPoint.

Yeah, but somehow I don't see Trump getting into a Hornet and leading a strike package. Which may be a good thing. Maybe Will Smith is free.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Maybe Will Smith is free.
There's always this guy:
VWvTJM.gif

azguy

None
I've seen a pretty thorough blog post/wrap-up of this incident written by an AF guy. No idea how accurate it was, but it sounded pretty legit. Is there an official write-up of the shoot down out there?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've seen a pretty thorough blog post/wrap-up of this incident written by an AF guy. No idea how accurate it was, but it sounded pretty legit. Is there an official write-up of the shoot down out there?

Yes, on SIPR

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've seen a pretty thorough blog post/wrap-up of this incident written by an AF guy. No idea how accurate it was, but it sounded pretty legit.
Did he look anything like this?
Ancient_Aliens.jpg

hdr777

pilot
Pilot talked about it in an interview..

http://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/up-...-and-the-pilots-fresh-from-combat-operations/

Lt Cdr Michael Tremel of the Strike Fighter Squadron VFA-87 ‘Golden Warriors’ made the first US air-to-air kill since a USAF F-16 shot down a Serbian MiG-29 in 1999, during the Kosovo campaign. Tremel, speaking to media for the first time aboard the Bush anchored in the Solent said “the whole incident lasted about eight minutes… I did not directly communicate with the Syrian Jet but he was given several warnings by our supporting AWACS aircraft… So yes, we released ordnance and yes it hit a target that was in the air, but it really just came back to defending those guys that were doing the hard job on the ground and taking that ground back from ISIS.” He recalled; “I didn’t see the pilot eject but my wingman observed his parachute.”Tremel is an incredibly modest and relaxed gentleman, it is others, not himself who are keen to make a big deal about what was a relatively simple air-air kill against an obsolete aircraft. “When you think about the shoot-down, in the grand scheme of things… we [our squadron] flew over 400 missions in support of friendly forces on the ground” he said. On encounters with Russian aircraft, he said: “They behaved with great professionalism at all times.”

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Ha, I enjoyed that article, and not just for the interview - the British comparison of the Queen Elizabeth vs. the Bush was a pretty interesting take.