• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY18 STA-21 Applicants

Antman411

OCS Applicant
My Application page now has "Application last updated: 28-Jul-2017 7:37 AM" .....but the Package Status page still has ".....not been reviewed yet."

I just checked mine for the 50th time and it still says the same thing. Received and assigned to a reviewer but still awaiting initial review.

MHasty

FY18 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Daily routine:
1. Muster in TWMS
2. Check Outlook
3. Check Netfocus
4. Check Airwarriors
5. Do work....

This is my first application and I seriously can't believe that people have lived like this.....It feels like waiting for advancement results x 1000....and I am just waiting for a "0" to turn to a "1" and let me know that I am good to go. I'm about to go for a run, play with my kids, then play video games until 3am....I love the weekends because I know nothing will change.

Sorry, I had to vent. ;) I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Daily routine:
1. Muster in TWMS
2. Check Outlook
3. Check Netfocus
4. Check Airwarriors
5. Do work....

This is my first application and I seriously can't believe that people have lived like this.....It feels like waiting for advancement results x 1000....and I am just waiting for a "0" to turn to a "1" and let me know that I am good to go. I'm about to go for a run, play with my kids, then play video games until 3am....I love the weekends because I know nothing will change.

Sorry, I had to vent. ;) I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I hear ya brother

cbk412

So wonderful news, my application is now considered for normal review. It was a little ridiculous, though. It came down to my senior chief making a civilian at the post office review the security tapes. He was shown walking in with my package at around 1045 AM. The initial scan was indicated 6 days after this. Their hand was forced and wrote a memorandum to Pensacola wrt to my case. All clear. My prior univesity GPA has been very poor, but I feel like I have a strong package overall. Hopefully we all get some feedback/updates when early Sept rolls around

MHasty

Just a reminder.........The important thing to watch (unless you're just kicked back and relaxed until late Oct.) in September is the "Application last updated:" line in the upper right-hand corner of the application tab on NETFOCUS. From previous FY forums it appears the package status page is sometimes never updated after receipt if nothing needs corrected.

Does anyone know or heard when the board will officially start reviewing packages? I know they say September but I'm getting anxious and just want to know when stuff will start getting updated.

MHasty

Does anyone know or heard when the board will officially start reviewing packages? I know they say September but I'm getting anxious and just want to know when stuff will start getting updated.

Just a guess....but I think they will probably be wrapping up the board on the 15th. It ended on the Friday of the second full week in September both of the last two years.

Anyone else get multiple package updates? Mine updated 30JUL, 15AUG, and 25AUG....and I never submitted anything additional and my package status page never changed.

Clif_Hanger

Just a guess....but I think they will probably be wrapping up the board on the 15th. It ended on the Friday of the second full week in September both of the last two years.

Anyone else get multiple package updates? Mine updated 30JUL, 15AUG, and 25AUG....and I never submitted anything additional and my package status page never changed.

My package still says "Content of package have not been reviewed yet"... just waiting for that '0' to turn into a '1'.

MHasty

My package still says "Content of package have not been reviewed yet"... just waiting for that '0' to turn into a '1'.

Hey, Clif! Yeah, mine still shows that as well. But when you click on the application tab: what does it say by "Application last updated: "?

Clif_Hanger

Hey, Clif! Yeah, mine still shows that as well. But when you click on the application tab: what does it say by "Application last updated: "?

That part can be updated anytime. If you mess with that page at all it "updates" itself. Mine says the 29th of Aug because I went to make sure it was all correct this morning.

leyba10ten

Application last updated 28 August 2017 at 12:19 p.m. I haven't updated or changed anything personally. Application has still not been marked for initial review. Who knows what any of it means. Check on it periodically, but time goes much faster if you just forget about it until mid October, trust me.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
Well it's officially September. I think my game plan is going to be to not think about it or check daily, and see what news comes next month. My logic: it's so far into the game now that I'm pretty sure if they see something missing or wrong, they just pull your package from being eligible. Really trying not to over think things anymore. Thoughts?

MHasty

Yeah, they closed the package status tab. Good luck everyone! I am in the middle of Circuits II and Systems & Signals I right now.......combined with a lack of sleep I'm expecting to start talking in equations rather than sentences any day now.......

cbk412

Hows everyone feeling so far? I know the board is discussing all of our packages right now. I wonder whats being weighed and debated amongst them. I feel like I have a very strong SWO package, but I know I have a glaring flaw in it. Thankfully I adressed it strongly twice in my personal statement and CO endorsement, and have test scores that may even edge top CEC/Nuke applicants. I also wonder if my age (27) may help my case as this may be my last cycle to have breathing room to complete a degree.