• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There used to be a document that would give the billets for the FY that was available for NRD leadership, rarely would recruiters see that, but I remember Supply DCO usually having a low number of selections each board.

The issue is that the board takes both FY17 and FY18 so they might have FY17 numbers but not 18.

exNavyOffRec

The issue is that the board takes both FY17 and FY18 so they might have FY17 numbers but not 18.

yep, very true, and that is where they have had issues before as they do an estimate, and if the estimate is off the wrong way people end up waiting a bit longer.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I am new to this board; I just got approved to join. I also applied for Supply DCO. I had a BA in mathematics (3.7 GPA) and an MA in mathematics (3.95 GPA). I did not get selected either. My theory is the board will select strong candidates with prior service over a similar strong candidate.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this statement. Of the 10 JOs in my unit, who are all DCOs, only 3 have prior service experience. I've seen/heard of many prior service member not getting selected.

kevincvk

Just received a note from my processor, my package did not went to the board because they decided to do my security clearance first. Has anyone had to go through this? Curious...

NAVTX

Hi guys - new to the forum. I received the professional recommendation for selection as a DCO Supply Officer. Now just awaiting final select letter and com docs.

Any update on the 9/1 notification date for 4 of the 15 selectees? Does it mention selectees by name?

I'm happy to update when/if I hear anything.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi guys - new to the forum. I received the professional recommendation for selection as a DCO Supply Officer. Now just awaiting final select letter and com docs.

Any update on the 9/1 notification date for 4 of the 15 selectees? Does it mention selectees by name?

I'm happy to update when/if I hear anything.

No. Unless you're the recruiter for that said applicant there isn't an overall list that gets sent out.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I believe there is 1 board per year. One of the recruiters should be able to confirm, but I believe the date is around the third or fourth Monday in July.

Hello, my name is Steven Wilson. I am new to AirWarriors and want to submit my profile for comments (both positive and negative) about my chances for this upcoming DCO board for Supply Corps.

I am 35 years old, live in Tulsa, OK with my wife and two kids (4 yo boy and 1 yo daughter).

I have worked for a contract drilling company in the corporate offices here in Tulsa for the past 6.5 years and am currently the Knowledge Management Supervisor for the Center of Excellence (CoE). We work for the overarching 'Operational Support Services' (OSS) Department which includes Global Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, Performance Engineering and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) groups, to name a few.
We work directly with Supply Chain, Asset Management and Engineering Depts to write technical procedures (Operations and Maintenance), bulletins, equipment upgrades, etc... We also capture lessons learned and conduct post-event reconstruction and analysis to understand the root causes and devise action plans for resolution. We utilize a lot of lean six sigma tools and practices for process improvements and project implementation and coordination. Our primary customers are internal (District, Maint and Rig personnel). I deal directly with internal supply invoices, bill of materials and manage specialized inventory (via our own 'CoE Warehouse).

My qualifications for DCO application, FY18 (NR Supply Corps) in a nutshell:

Positives
-B.A. Organizational Mgmt. 3.99 GPA, Ashford University, Nov. 2012
-Master of Energy Business (M.E.B.), 3.91 GPA, Tulsa University, May, 2018
-11 years prior service US Navy Active Duty (frocked E-6 Submarine Sonarman). Honorably discharged July, 2011 (RE-1 re-enlistment code)
-Former #1 E-5 at NBPL, San Diego
-JSOQ (3rd Qt. 2009) and final 3 EVALS Early Promote at NBPL, San Diego
-Individual Augmentee (IA) to Baghdad Iraq (04/08 to 10/08), deployed with US Army's 101st Airborne Div out of Ft. Campbell, KY
-Received Army Commendation Medal
-Command Duty Officer (CDO) at NBPL, San Diego
-Departmental Career Counselor- NBPL, San Diego
-Trustee at Eastland Baptist Church (2015, 16 & 17)
-Member of Tulsa Community Band (2015 & 16)
-Debt-free (minus one vehicle and home), ~820 FICO credit score (understand this is more a part of the background check but thought I would note it here)

Negatives
-Arrested for DUI in July, 2006. Convicted in April, 2007. Completed all first-offender program requirements by early 2009 (after deployment)
-30% VA Disability rating
-Age?

Knowing all this, is it even worth my time applying? Looking for open and honest feedback.