• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN DH bonus

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The plan would be to affiliate in the reserves and finish up 20 in either SELRES (understand possibly not an option due to seniority) or IRR.

The OP isn't going to be competitive for a hardware unit Reserve job because he's too senior....That doesn't mean that one can't be a successful SELRES, it just typically wouldn't be flying.

Transferring to the SELRES after a DH tour is not common but certainly not unprecedented and definitely not an issue. We had an S-3 pilot who transferred to SELRES after his DH tour to join Delta and he just retired, so it certainly is possible. There used to be a rule/reg that you had to do 6 years in the reserves in order to retire but I am pretty sure that was done away with so even if you join at 15 or 16 years it shouldn't be a problem. The only catch is what Gator already mentions, flying for a hardware unit is not likely.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Pretty funny when it's someone else's daughters huh?
Are you honestly getting offended by that? If so, try passing on the passive aggressive bullshit. If not, and I'm reading this wrong, continue with your vague postings.