• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MAY17 SUPPLY CORPS BOARD

Based off the fact you're applying for the time time why haven't you tried other designators?
I have dabbled in processing for other designators and along the way I actually came to a strong realization that Supply Corps is what I 'really' want. The PAS at my command has also sat on the Supply Corps Selection Board and recommends that I continue for Supply if Supply is what I want. From his experience sitting on the board, I have an excellent shot. He knows this is my third time applying as well.

Generally your odds go down after the first "No"

You should look at SWO and see how that works, much better chance.

I would give you further advice but don't know what your degree or GPA is.
I have looked at SWO and even went as far to get SWO appraisals. During that process I realized what I really wanted.

exNavyOffRec

From his experience sitting on the board, I have an excellent shot. He knows this is my third time applying as well.

I have looked at SWO and even went as far to get SWO appraisals. During that process I realized what I really wanted.

Given you have been turned down twice I would start to question his statement. Did he observe or actually sit or chair the board, observes really don't get that deep into the thought process, but if he sat/chaired, then since you are active a LOR from him (since he should be a CAPT/CDR) should have helped.

Supply is very competitive, often times selection rate has been 10%, there are many who have been thought to have an excellent shot with high GPA's, etc.... but are never selected.

I have worked with several who were designator locked on a small community who insist on just applying for that one designator only to eventually age out and then regret not applying for other designators.

Given you have been turned down twice I would start to question his statement. Did he observe or actually sit or chair the board, observes really don't get that deep into the thought process, but if he sat/chaired, then since you are active a LOR from him (since he should be a CAPT/CDR) should have helped.

Supply is very competitive, often times selection rate has been 10%, there are many who have been thought to have an excellent shot with high GPA's, etc.... but are never selected.

I have worked with several who were designator locked on a small community who insist on just applying for that one designator only to eventually age out and then regret not applying for other designators.
He actually sat on the board, meaning he was one of the few to actually participate in the decision making process which is essentially completed on an Excel spreadsheet. I have outstanding appraisals from Supply Corps CDRs and CAPTs all the way up to CNAL. I have lurked on this forum for the last two years. I fully understand how selective the boards are and I already anticipated your response as well as RUFiO181's. Regardless, I will continue to apply for Supply Corps. From what I've gathered throughout this process, today more than ever, communities want applicants that are 100% decidated to them.

exNavyOffRec

today more than ever, communities want applicants that are 100% decidated to them.

yes and no, it depends on the community, ones like IWC, Supply generally only pick those who put them #1, SWO can be #1 or #2, SNA and SNFO really don't care.

at the end of the day it is all about best qualified, which for Supply means the higher GPA the better, the benchmark that is pretty accurate is the higher above 3.5 you are the better chance, the further away from 3.5 going down the more your chances go down, and if a person has waivers you can almost be guaranteed a "N".

To have a LOR/appraisal from a CDR/CAPT that was on the board and still not get picked up means there is something in that application that is bugging the board, or you may have a good application but not good enough.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
He actually sat on the board, meaning he was one of the few to actually participate in the decision making process which is essentially completed on an Excel spreadsheet. I have outstanding appraisals from Supply Corps CDRs and CAPTs all the way up to CNAL. I have lurked on this forum for the last two years. I fully understand how selective the boards are and I already anticipated your response as well as RUFiO181's. Regardless, I will continue to apply for Supply Corps. From what I've gathered throughout this process, today more than ever, communities want applicants that are 100% decidated to them.

What's your rate and OAR score?

yes and no, it depends on the community, ones like IWC, Supply generally only pick those who put them #1, SWO can be #1 or #2, SNA and SNFO really don't care.

at the end of the day it is all about best qualified, which for Supply means the higher GPA the better, the benchmark that is pretty accurate is the higher above 3.5 you are the better chance, the further away from 3.5 going down the more your chances go down, and if a person has waivers you can almost be guaranteed a "N".

To have a LOR/appraisal from a CDR/CAPT that was on the board and still not get picked up means there is something in that application that is bugging the board, or you may have a good application but not good enough.
You may be right, NavyOffRec. Regardless, I will continue to improve and apply, improve and apply, and improve and apply.

What's your rate and OAR score?
I can already anticipate your response. I appreciate your advice RUFiO181.

It's all the same up and down this forum. I have read the entire thing. When it comes down to it, all boards are not created equal. Often times it's a matter of who you are up against at any given board that makes the difference - This came from my command's SUPPO.

For me...Supply is not only what I desire the most, it is also what I best qualify for as far as commissioning goes. I will continue to apply until I am no longer eligible. Furthermore, I do not simply submit the same package every time. I continously add improvements.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

You may be right, NavyOffRec. Regardless, I will continue to improve and apply, improve and apply, and improve and apply.

I can already anticipate your response. I appreciate your advice RUFiO181.

It's all the same up and down this forum. I have read the entire thing. When it comes down to it, all boards are not created equal. Often times it's a matter of who you are up against at any given board that makes the difference - This came from my command's SUPPO.

For me...Supply is not only what I desire the most, it is also what I best qualify for as far as commissioning goes. I will continue to apply until I am no longer eligible. Furthermore, I do not simply submit the same package every time. I continously add improvements.

The best thing you can do is finish your Masters, GPA and degrees are the biggest things.

The best thing you can do is finish your Masters, GPA and degrees are the biggest things.
I will continue to work on my Master's regardless, albeit not a requirement for commissioning. A large number of people get picked up for Supply by showing progress towards a graduate degree program.

exNavyOffRec

I will continue to work on my Master's regardless, albeit not a requirement for commissioning. A large number of people get picked up for Supply by showing progress towards a graduate degree program.

actually most don't have any progress towards a Masters, very few have even started one, the ones that do often fall into a few categories such as having the Masters prior to looking at the USN, started but had to stop for one of several reasons, or started a Masters after finding out their GPA was low enough they needed help.

That is why a person that gets a Masters can have a leg up or at least get noticed, especially if the undergrad GPA was average or below, the nice thing it only takes 2 years.

I actually can't recall a single person I had picked up that had started or had completed a Masters, but then again all but 1 had very good GPA's and degrees.

actually most don't have any progress towards a Masters, very few have even started one, the ones that do often fall into a few categories such as having the Masters prior to looking at the USN, started but had to stop for one of several reasons, or started a Masters after finding out their GPA was low enough they needed help.

That is why a person that gets a Masters can have a leg up or at least get noticed, especially if the undergrad GPA was average or below, the nice thing it only takes 2 years.

I actually can't recall a single person I had picked up that had started or had completed a Masters, but then again all but 1 had very good GPA's and degrees.
That definitely makes sense. Well I am currently 9 credits into my Master's. I just recently finished another class this past term. The processors in Millington combined my undergrad GPA with my current grad-school GPA to come up with a 3.5 I believe. I'll just keep the press on.