• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Long time reader, first time poster, checking in. Best of luck to everyone!

ASTB-E: 63 8/8/8
26 years and 4 months old
Salisbury University
Degree: BS in Communications, Minor in Spanish
GPA: 3.0
LOR: O-5 Active Naval Aviator/O-5 Air Force Aviator (ret)/O-5 Navy Av. (ret)
civil waiver

When do you turn 27? You must commission at OCS before turning 27.

Safashton

So I was selected for Army Flight Warrant today, Im aged out for SNA and while the dream has always been to fly, I still think I'd prefer NFO and Navy Officer life. Any life advice y'all?

Are you looking for a after military flight career? If not, ide go with whatever will give the life you want

JErst

When do you turn 27? You must commission at OCS before turning 27.

14 January. I've asked my recruiter about this a bunch; they seem to believe that should I get picked up, I would have enough time. Could this be a factor in the board's decision?

Carina

Some study materials I recommend personally is the Cliff Notes Math review for standardized tests. That book for the most part walks you through basic to complex, with exception doesn't have Logs. It was very helpful for myself. I personally found the materials on this site riddled with errors for the math sections, but it at least showed you types of problems to expect, so that you can go search for more official sources for practice.
Thanks, will def look it up in Amazon. I am sooo nervous

Safashton

Where did you find this on NPC? When I checked today it still had the old November board schedule.

Yea, so when you go on NPC, on the main OCS page, it has the old board schedule, but if you click the Fillable officer interview link, it takes you to the MTPE library portal, where you can get the most updated forms if you type in the search bar, board schedules you can find updated schedule. I recommend going directly to the portal for most updated stuff.

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
Yea, so when you go on NPC, on the main OCS page, it has the old board schedule, but if you click the Fillable officer interview link, it takes you to the MTPE library portal, where you can get the most updated forms if you type in the search bar, board schedules you can find updated schedule. I recommend going directly to the portal for most updated stuff.
Wow first time checking that out, pretty nifty. New checklist, all sorts of schedules, and lists. Good stuff. I'm going to be trying to study for a few weeks to retake the ASTB and see if I could update the kit with it before the board kicks off, and if not there's next time. Have our baby due in December so trying to figure out timing too.

Safashton

Wow first time checking that out, pretty nifty. New checklist, all sorts of schedules, and lists. Good stuff. I'm going to be trying to study for a few weeks to retake the ASTB and see if I could update the kit with it before the board kicks off, and if not there's next time. Have our baby due in December so trying to figure out timing too.

My wife is due October 31st. So if I was to get selected, I'm pretty sure I'll be at OCS while she gives birth.

Kait

Applying for the NFO board in July
GPA: 3.64
BS: Nutrition and Dietetics -University of North Florida
ASTB-E: 44/ 5/5/5
LOR: o-6/ o-6/ o-8
Interviews: o-6/ o-6

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
If I get picked up I will be at OCS for my daughter's first birthday and I thought that would be tough...
It really is going to suck to miss! Mine would be a close miss if she gave birth a few weeks early or even having her come up for the grad ceremony might not be likely.

Applying for the NFO board in July
GPA: 3.64
BS: Nutrition and Dietetics -University of North Florida
ASTB-E: 44/ 5/5/5
LOR: o-6/ o-6/ o-8
Interviews: o-6/ o-6
Go Ospreys!! I'm stationed in Jax. Welcome!

Have received a response from NRC on updating documents when a package has been processed and awaiting board. "There is no assurance [or guarantee] that the document will make it in the package for that board, but if it was a document asked to be updated from the processor then it would make it."

Triumph4life

It really is going to suck to miss! Mine would be a close miss if she gave birth a few weeks early or even having her come up for the grad ceremony might not be likely.

Go Ospreys!! I'm stationed in Jax. Welcome!

Have received a response from NRC on updating documents when a package has been processed and awaiting board. "There is no assurance [or guarantee] that the document will make it in the package for that board, but if it was a document asked to be updated from the processor then it would make it."

I'm in Jax (Mayport) as well