• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 17 SNA/SNFO Board

Halfspeed

Didn't make the cut for SNA. On the bright side.. won't be gettin stuck in a whirly bird, and there is still a chance of getting the platform I want. Hope to meet all of you guys and gals here shortly.

koliver

I don't know how the navy works, but I feel as if they looked at more than just ASTB and GPA. I got selected for SNA with scores and GPA lower than a lot of some of the people who got ProRec N.

sethpat

Waiting game
I don't know how the navy works, but I feel as if they looked at more than just ASTB and GPA. I got selected for SNA with scores and GPA lower than a lot of some of the people who got ProRec N.

Like flight experience? Because I have that too...

koliver

Like flight experience? Because I have that too...
No clue how they factor in that stuff. Rufio and navyoffrec will say that they ASTB and GPA are all they care about, but I'm starting to think they looked at more. I had very good LORs from 3 O-4s I personally know and leadership experience, but no flight experience.

sethpat

Waiting game
Well regardless, congratulations everyone. I plan on reapplying asap. If turning down NFO hurts my chances, then so be it. I never wanted it in the first place. Personally, I'd prefer to PIC Cessna 150's for the rest of my life than sign for 10 years knowing I'll never fly a fixed/rotary wing aircraft for the Navy. Wish everyone the best at OCS, I'm gonna go flying now to try and bring my spirits up.