• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ship Photo of the Day

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Logistics - backbone of the fleet. USNS Matthew Perry (yes, one of our vertrep pilots asked why name a ship after the actor? After that, we referred to the AKE's as the "Friends" class.) length: 689 ft, beam 106 ft, 41,000 tons - and 2 gyms, an ice cream bar and your own stateroom with your own bath. Good Livin...

160910-N-QW941-003A.JPG

Sister ship the Cesar Chavez...

CesarChavez.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Every time @Randy Daytona podts one of these I remain surprised by the use of the Puma for VertRep. No reason why, I guess I just expect to see American iron flying from a gray hull.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Landed on USNS Amelia Earhart a few days ago. The joke was, "Let's not get lost on the way out there."

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Every time @Randy Daytona podts one of these I remain surprised by the use of the Puma for VertRep. No reason why, I guess I just expect to see American iron flying from a gray hull.

Contractors are cheaper. I was on a ship in he mid-90's that got UNREPed by a Kaman (albeit manned). Erickson was at Heli-Expo, but I didn't bother talking to them given the Puma hours requirement that was discussed in another thread.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Part of me says Japan has grown up and should be developed to defend themselves which should release us from that obligation. Part of me says they shouldn't even have a military.

The_Next_100_Years.jpg

George Friedman says we get to fight them again around 2050.

Edit: Thanks for the T-AKE love @Randy Daytona

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Part of me says Japan has grown up and should be developed to defend themselves which should release us from that obligation. Part of me says they shouldn't even have a military.

The_Next_100_Years.jpg

George Friedman says we get to fight them again around 2050.

Edit: Thanks for the T-AKE love @Randy Daytona

Being a fan of Galactica (BSG-75), I thought it was interesting he used the term "battlestars". Great book.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Being a fan of Galactica (BSG-75), I thought it was interesting he used the term "battlestars". Great book.
Friedman has been selling this idea since 1991. Back then he and his girl friend (now his wife) were simple, unknown professors - he at Dickerson, she at a community college - but in that copy we were susposed to be at war with Japan by now.

IMG_0260.JPG