• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 March 2017 OCS

CK#4

Weight lifting is good, but weight lifting isnt really a thing at OCS. It is mostly body weight/strength conditioning that you are doing. But it is definitely going to be tough. The first 3 weeks are gonna be the worst for all of us. Join the Facebook page if you have not done so already. This class seems like it is going to be a little smaller if more people dont get their FINSEL soon.

JRD

Hello class members. I haven't logged into Facebook in forever so this will be my preferred discussion platform. I am excited to see you all there. Anyone received any especially good advise to share? I have heard it is best to drive so that you can "start your car" once a week on the weekends and to leave your phone in your car for obvious reasons. Also, have a quality pair of running shoes as well as a cheap inspection pair and to break in a new pair of boots just before you go since we will most likely do some running in them. Lots of running and pushups and sit-ups.

Does anyone know if single prior-enlisted E-5s currently receiving BAH with a home mortgage will still be receiving BAH at OCS? I have searched on here and have yet to find a definite answer.

CK#4

Hello class members. I haven't logged into Facebook in forever so this will be my preferred discussion platform. I am excited to see you all there. Anyone received any especially good advise to share? I have heard it is best to drive so that you can "start your car" once a week on the weekends and to leave your phone in your car for obvious reasons. Also, have a quality pair of running shoes as well as a cheap inspection pair and to break in a new pair of boots just before you go since we will most likely do some running in them. Lots of running and pushups and sit-ups.

Does anyone know if single prior-enlisted E-5s currently receiving BAH with a home mortgage will still be receiving BAH at OCS? I have searched on here and have yet to find a definite answer.
Welcome to the class! Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks. Anyway, you should still be receiving you BAH. The Navy knows that you are still AD Enlisted and they arent just going to hang you out to dry when it comes time for you to leave.

JRD

Thank you for your response! That follows my line of reasoning as well. I will definitely be bringing a current LES and mortgage statement with me.

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
Hey congrats man! Just out of curiosity, did you just sign the paperwork for your background following the pro-rec? My background is underway and I'm hoping for a quick turnaround.
From what I understand, I'm doing all of that Monday when I swear in. He didn't say anything specific about the paperwork for background but I'll have to do direct deposit and all if the other legal stuff that morning

Checking in for this class date. I have been selected from the 6 Feb Board. Prior active duty for 12 years. AWR1 (Naval Aircrewman Tactical). Joining the facebook group meow.

MagW.

Hey y'all - my name is Maggie, I was selected for NFO. FinSel received & class date of 12 March!